Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting authroizations for changing purchase requistions(ME52N)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We have a requirement to restrict authorizations for modifying purchase requisitions(ME52N) created by other users.The owner of the purchase requisition only should be able to modify it,other users must be restricted for the same.

i have checked and found that restricting at user level is not possible,if anyone worked on such issue please let me know if it is possible or not?if possible let me know the authorization object used for the same.

Thanks in advance

Edited by: shylaja puchala on Nov 12, 2009 8:45 AM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

As standard I don't think this is possible.

One option is to use enhancement MEREQ001 to put some validation code which checks the current user against the user who created the req. Potentially you could extend the code to perform an auth check to see if your user should eb able to change other users req's.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

As standard I don't think this is possible.

One option is to use enhancement MEREQ001 to put some validation code which checks the current user against the user who created the req. Potentially you could extend the code to perform an auth check to see if your user should eb able to change other users req's.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shylaja,

I dont think that it is a good idea to make program changes to the code to ensure that one user doesnt change the PR of an other user. If you modify the code, ever wondered what would happen if the user who created the PR is not at office?

Anyway, i would recommend that you have a discussion with the functional consultant to understand the way things could be configured and specific authorizations built (without program changes)

There are somethings called Purchasing Groups, Release strategies (release codes and release groups) that can be customized , authorizations can be set up accordingly - this for my idea would be a decent set-up

0 Kudos

Hi Shekar,

I agree in principle, however use of enhancement points is different than changing standard code.

They are effectively user exits on steroids so you are not actually changing anything.

Restricting req's to your own user obviously has the major drawback that you have pointed out!