cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Column Alias Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have a problem with the ColumnAlias action in version 12.0.6. I have a transaction running a SQL query, adding the contents to a MII Output Document and then adds some lines to this document. Thereafter, a ColumnAlias action block changes the name of a column. When I trace my output parameter in the transaction, all is fine. But, when I run my Xacute Query Template, I see the old column heading, and no data in that column.

Any reason for this?

Regards

Antoine

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can I know that for which one you are trying to alias the column is it of the SQL Query or Document Output? Then why do you need the aliasing the column.You can change there in SQL statement or create column with the require name in MII Document.

-Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh

I tried to rename the SQL which didn't work. Then I tried renaming the output document which also didn't work.

I have to rename the column in the transaction as I have two SQL Queries running. The one extracts the data, and the other extracts the unit of measure. Then I rename the output document to give a heading like "Mass_kg"

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Delete the already existing column from the Document action block create new on ewith the name "Mass_Kg". Let me know are you using Row action block.In this action block map the column newly created with the SQL data. If possible post the snap of your transaction and Document action block configuration.

-Suresh

Edited by: Suresh Hiremath on Nov 12, 2009 10:46 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Antoine,

looks that you are returning to your Transaction Output the wrong actionblock. Did you return the ColumnAliase block?

If not, you must to return the ColumnAliase block.

BR

Pedro Iglesias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Suresh, I tried that, but it didn't work.

Pedro, I did use the output from the ColumnAlias block, and it still didn't work.

I use to have the ColumnAlias block and in the sequence after that, an Assign block to assign the output of the ColumnAlias to the Transaction.OutputXML. When I deleted this block, and made this assignment in the "Outgoing" tab of the ColumnAlias block, it worked. Strange, because the assignment block assigned the EXACT same result set to the outputXML as the ColumnAlias' output tab, yet it didn't work.

Thanks for the help.

Regards