Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create Universe using Composite Studio 4.6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Info on Composite:

Composite Studio is third party tool which connects to multiple data sources and executes the scripts (similiar to VIEW) to retrieve the results. One has to make call to the scripts to get the results.

more information: [|http://www.compositesw.com]

Requirement:

Trying to connect BO XI R3.1 to composite as to call scripts to get data and then create Universe on the same.

Connectivity should be JDBC or oriented towards Java (preference for Java but not mandatory)

Tool: Composite Studio 4.6.0

Driver: composite46.dll

Driver location: C:\Program Files\Composite Software\CIS 4.6.0\apps\odbc

Thanks,

Arjun Kushwaha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think the question is more towards how to use a composite data source.

You can create and publish a view in composite which caters to a federated data query.

In my experience we have accessed composite views through ODBC and built a universe on top of it. JDBC could be another option though i have not dealt with access to composite through that mechanism.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It will be great if you could let us know how to built the Universe on top of Composite, may be using ODBC connection.

I tried by creating the user / system DSN but these connections doesn't appear when tried to create the Universe in designer (using BO XI 3.1)

We can then try to build using JDBC connection.

The data source is very scattered and Composite is in the position to handle them all and hence we cannot eliminate composite and are forced to use it as one of the underlying layer to connect to actual data.