cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalidate node does not work after enter is pressed in ALV input field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have developed web dynpro application in which I have used ALV table.

The ALV is editable and has input fileds for some of the columns.

I have created a save button which calls a Function module to save the data present in the ALV table. The function module returns the updated internal table with some fields calculated. This internal table is then binded to the node which is mapped with ALV table.

If I update some value in ALV table and then directly press save button the updated values get properly assigned in the ALV table. but if I press enter in the input field of ALV and then press save the ALV table does not displays the updated values.

To analyze this I tried just invalidate node in this case by debgging I came to know that the node is getting invalidated but ALV display is not getting refreshed.

One more thing is that invalidate is not working for other nodes also. I have other node which has a supply function. but even that supply function is not getting called once the enter is pressed in the input field.

So my problem is that when I press enter in the input field of ALV then I am not able to update the node.

Please help me resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Feroz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

as far as your supply function call goes...the supply function call will not work until you invalidate the node which this supply function is providing the values to....

Say i have a node "AA"....and I have a supply function which supply the values to this node...first time I start my application..supply function will populate my node "AA"....now if I change some values in this node "AA" through some user interaction....and want my supply function to react to these changes and update my node "AA"....supply function will not get called until you invalidate the node "AA"....

that is how supply functions works....if you want to invoke them again...you need to invalidate the node first, which supply function is populating.....

sample code to invalidate...i know you know this already....but just for others who might read your question....

IF lo_nd_AA IS BOUND.

lo_nd_AA->invalidate( ).

ENDIF.

For your ALV....your ALV gets refreshed or reflects the new data if you change the values in ALV and press save btn....but it does not reflect the new changes if you press enter and than press the save button?

can you pls put your code here for save and on enter action method?? it will be helpful for us to see what exactly going on....

Thanks...

AS....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, but thats exactly what my problem is.

Once the enter is pressed in any of input field in ALV, the Invalidate node does not work.

Therefore even the supply function does not get called.

Please note that all the actions are working well if I don't press enter in the ALV input field.

Thanks,

Feroz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Feroz,

Could u manage to get the problem fixed.

I am also facing the same kind of problem,

My ALV also is not gettin refreshed after the first population of the alv.

But first popluation after selection is working absolutely fine.

Thanks and Regards,

Nuzhat

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, I did not get the solution yet..

Regards,

Feroz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

check the following thread...[|]

Regards

Manas Dua

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Feroz,

Could u manage to get the problem fixed.

I am also facing the same kind of problem,

But first popluation after selection is working absolutely fine.

Thanks and Regards,

Nuzhat

Chaitanya_Priya
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

To refresh the ALV table you can call the Refresh method of the ALV comp interface controller.

Priya

Edited by: Chaitanya Priya Puvvada on Jan 5, 2010 1:25 PM

Chaitanya_Priya
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is any code written in the event ON_CLICK(After cicking in a cell of the ALV output) of the ALV table.

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Have you written any code in OnEnter of input field in ALV column ? If so , please check whether you are invalidating there or not.

In the OnAction of SAVE button, after you get the updated table make sure that you bind that Table with the node. It should work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have written some code in onEnter event. but even if I unregister the event I am getting the problem.

Thanks for your time,

Feroz