SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FMJ2 - Transfer of Budget linkedto commitment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

We only want to carry forward the Open P/O with their budget to next fiscal year.Then I expected that budget linked commitment must be simultaneously transferred with commitment amount when I ran FMJ2 transaction.

But, while the amount of commitment for open P/O has been transferred successfully, the related budget amount for that open P/O was not transferred at all.

So when I run "FMRP_RW_BUDCON" transaction, it shows like this.

Consumable Budget Consumed Budget Available Amount Current Budget

=============== ============== ============= ===========

0 1,000 1,000- 1,000

As you see, the available amount has negative value.

Could anyone advise me where I have a problem for this?*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply, I did the following Configuration.

1-Public Sector Management-Funds Management Government-Closing Operations-Enter Default Settings ( Commit cfwd allow and bdgt CF Cmt Allow)

2--Public Sector Management-Funds Management Government-Closing Operations-Commitment Closing Operations-Enter Settings for Commitment Carryforward Payment Budget ( Only value Type 51 is allow)

3-Public Sector Management-Funds Management Government-Closing Operations-Commitment Closing Operations-Closing Operations for Budget Control System (BCS)-Activate Budget Carryforward for Commitment ( Value Type 51, Budget Category 9F, Activation Stat "Active)

4-Public Sector Management-Funds Management Government-Closing Operations-Commitment Closing Operations-Closing Operations for Budget Control System (BCS)-Define Budget Entry Documents for Commitment Carryforward (defined the document Type for heade (MBCF)r and budget type sender ( CFWD-Budget Type ) & receiver ( CFWD-Budget Type))

System pass the budget entry by taking the document type ( MBCF) and Budget Type CFWD in sender & receiver year.

I also run the transaction FMAVCREINIT - Reconstruct , but result remain same.

New Year Result Consumable Budget= "0" Consumed Budget= 1,000, Available Amount=1000- Current Budget=1000, Available Amount is Negative

previous year report, the result are Consumable budget =1000" Consumed Budget = "0" Available Amount ="1000" Current Budget ="0" in this year 1000 become available for consumed.

Please advise

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You mention whether or not the budget for the commitment is carried-forward also in the transaction OFYB (OFYA for payment budget).

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a for reply, OK I check, system passing the budget entry with the transfer of FMJ2 ( Taken one P/O amount is 1,000) and following result are coming in "FMRP_RW_BUDCON" transaction

Consumable Budget= "0" Consumed Budget= 1,000, Available Amount=1000- Current Budget=1000, Available Amount is Negative

I run the transaction with Availability Control : Update with out Check"., as user want the availability control as well.

My question is, The budget entry should be Consumable Budget= "1000" Consumed Budget= 1,000, Available Amount=0 Current Budget=1000 as this budget is already released in previous year. Should I release the budget in new year again ?

if I see the previous year report, the result are Consumable budget =1000" Consumed Budget = "0" Available Amount ="1000" Current Budget ="0" in this year still 1000 is available for consumed.

OFYA and OFBA transaction doe not exist in my system

Please advise

Thanks

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure I got your point... So, does or does not the budget go with the commitment? If it does not check the configuration I mentioned IMG - Public Sector Management - Funds Management Government - Closing Operations - Commitment Closing Operations - Enter Settings for Commitment Carryforward Commitment Budget. If it does, and you are not satisified with the output of the report for AVC, try initiliaze the ledger first via FMAVCREINIT. Also , check in the tables FMBDP.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It looks like you are using BCS. Maybe you want to check whether BCS budget carryforward is active: Spro > Public secter management > Funds management government > Closing operations > Closing operation for BCS > (1) Active budget carryforward for BCS and (2) Define budget entry documents for commitment carryforward.

Regards,

Ming

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply, I did the following Configuration.

1-Public Sector Management-Funds Management Government-Closing Operations-Enter Default Settings ( Commit cfwd allow and bdgt CF Cmt Allow)

2--Public Sector Management-Funds Management Government-Closing Operations-Commitment Closing Operations-Enter Settings for Commitment Carryforward Payment Budget ( Only value Type 51 is allow)

3-Public Sector Management-Funds Management Government-Closing Operations-Commitment Closing Operations-Closing Operations for Budget Control System (BCS)-Activate Budget Carryforward for Commitment ( Value Type 51, Budget Category 9F, Activation Stat "Active)

4-Public Sector Management-Funds Management Government-Closing Operations-Commitment Closing Operations-Closing Operations for Budget Control System (BCS)-Define Budget Entry Documents for Commitment Carryforward (defined the document Type for heade (MBCF)r and budget type sender ( CFWD-Budget Type ) & receiver ( CFWD-Budget Type))

System pass the budget entry by taking the document type ( MBCF) and Budget Type CFWD in sender & receiver year.

I also run the transaction FMAVCREINIT - Reconstruct , but result remain same.

New Year Result Consumable Budget= "0" Consumed Budget= 1,000, Available Amount=1000- Current Budget=1000, Available Amount is Negative

previous year report, the result are Consumable budget =1000" Consumed Budget = "0" Available Amount ="1000" Current Budget ="0" in this year 1000 become available for consumed.

Please advise

0 Kudos

Let's check your budget first. Please run FMRP_RW_BUDGET for the new FY.

0 Kudos

Thanks, The result of the report FMRP_RW_BUDGET in New Year

Current Budget= 1,000 , Original Budget = "0" , Return =" 0" Supplements = "0" transfer-sender = "0"

0 Kudos

You might also want to check this setting: Spro > Publick sector management > Funds management government > BCS > Availability control > settings for AVC ledger > Define filter settings for budget values > Define the consumable budget. Make sure your budget type CFWD is included in ledger 9H.

0 Kudos

Good. That means the budget has been carried forward. But for some reason, it did not get on to AVC ledger. Please refer to my earlier posting and check the configuration for AVC filter setting.