cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to validate userid and password?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have an adobe form. I should validate userid and password of a portal. I have used two textfields userid and password and a submit button. How should I validate the userid and password? I am new to adobe life cycle. Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Pavan.

Edited by: pavan kumar on Nov 12, 2009 7:05 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think it's possible to validate userid and password in Adobe form but if you are using Web Dynpro then there are WD APIs which you can make use of.

So create a WD application with an InteractiveFormUI element and depending upon whether you set the displayType as native or ActiveX, choose the Submit button from WD Native or WD ActiveX from Adobe LiveCycle Designer library.

Do a search on forum if you want to know how to check Portal Id and Password in Web Dynpro.

Chintan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if youre working with WD, you don´t need to do any check for the currently working user. This is done in portal or with a pop up dialog provided by system. If you need to do some custom-crazy-check, you can do it in ABAP/ Java of WD. Here you can use SYST structure etc.

About the WS version: look around on the forum, last few days there were many questions about working with webservices and (what´s even better) I remember I have used once some SDN con tribution PDF about working with WS in Adobe.

Hope we can help you:)) Otto

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is the summary: (depending on your technology available)

- if you work with WebDynpro, this check is done when logging-in

- if you work with offline form or non-SAP form, use HTTP call to a web service

--- you need to create a web service first, which validates the user agains portal

--- you mark your form content invisible

--- you create a subform containing login fields (text: "please login", user name, password, button)

--- you write a script to call HTTP to WS, event is button onclick

--- you change the visibility of the form content according to the WS result

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

Can you please explain it in detail as I am new to adobe forms.

Regards,

Pavan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

This is not possible. I saw a workaround where a web service was called and only after successful authentication through the web service the rest of the form was set to visible.

Regards,

Juergen