cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When to use item categories TAC, TAM and TAQ.

Former Member

Hi

I am trying to implement Variant Conguration in SAP and I would like to know what item category groups I need to use while creating material master. As far as I understand 0002 item category group is used for higher level materials which has item category TAC and 0004 is used for lower level materials which has TAM. I would also like to know which I should use if I am creating with BOM and when is TAQ used.

Regards,

Subhashini

Edited by: Subhashini Kamesh on Nov 12, 2009 11:02 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

maheshkumar_komatineni
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The item category group of the BOM items is u2018ERLA/LUMFu2019 and the item category is u2018NORMu2019.

1) For the BOM to be exploded in the sales document the following customizing setting is required.

A) If the item category group is ERLA the item category of the BOM is TAQ, in the definition of which we have to specify the value A (Explode single level BOM) in the structure scope.

B) If the item category group is LUMF the item category of the BOM item is TAP in the definition of which we have to specify the value A in the field structure scope.

2) If the item category group is LUMF the system shows price for the components but not for the BOM item. For this the following customizing setting is required.

A) The item category of the BOM item is TAP which is not relevant for pricing, so the BOM item is not Priced.

B) The item category of the components is TAN which is relevant for pricing, so the components are priced

3) If the item category group is ERLA the system shows price for the BOM item but not for components. For this following customizing setting is required.

A) The item category of BOM item is TAQ, which is relevant for pricing, so the BOM is priced.

B) The item category of components is TAE which is not relevant for pricing, so the components are not priced.

ITEM CATEGORY DETERMINATION FOR BOM ITEM

SD type ITCaGr Usg HLItCa DftItCa

OR ERLA TAQ

OR NORM TAQ TAE

OR LUMF TAP

OR NORM TAP TAN

OR NORM TAN

OR NORM TAE TAE

OR NORM TAN TAE

NOTE: A u2013 Explode single level BOM item

B u2013 Explode multi level BOM item

CS01 u2013 Transaction code for creating BOM Item

Statistical value u2018xu2019 or u2018yu2019

Make TAP relevant for pricing but values for statistical only.

NOTE:

Creating BOM item:

CS01 create

Specify the data for the following fields

Material: Specify the material for which components are to be maintained.

Plant: Specify the plant of BOM item.

BOM usage: Specify the application in which BOM is maintained (5 for SD).

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was searcing for Sales BOM configuration. Then I got your answer regarding BOM.

Your reply was very usefuL to understand about Bom Config.

I have configured the same. But still I am getting error.

My Scenorio:

BOM Top Item u2013 No pricing(TAP). Sub Items u2013 Pricing relevant(TAN).

Sub items should behave as normal sales item in other Sales Orders.

1. I think I did something wrong(The order) in assigning item category for the following entries:

Sal Doc u2013 ItCatGrp u2013 usage u2013 HLItCt u2013 DfItC u2013 Mit:

OR LUMF __(U) TAP(H)

OR LUMF __(U) TAP(H) TAN (Dft)

OR NORM __(U) TAP(H) TAN (Df)

OR NORM __(U) __(H) TAN(Df)

2. Can I use TAE instead of TAP

Could you please clarify me.

Regards,

Bala A S