Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order Release strategy

former_member417490
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Can anybody tell me the procedure of how to create a release strategy for sales order with authorisation code ,where after creating the sales order ,everybody cannot change but only the person having the authorisation code /release code.

Thanks N Regards,

Siddhartha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Like in PO release strategy, in SD, we dont have order release strategy.

But by using, Status profile & authorization code you can achieve this.

Check the status profile in Tcode:BS02., these status profiles can be assigned to either document type-VOV8 or Item category-VOV7.

For more info, regarding STATUS PROFILEs,

Search in forum. You will find many threads.

former_member417490
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Reazuddin MD ,

Hope you are fine? Could you please tell me the process of doing it ,with characteristics values .

Thanks N Regards,

Siddhartha

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are no Characteristic Values in status profiles. As I said in my previous post. Order doesnt have release strategy like in PO.

But as per requirement , we are using "Status profiles" in sales order to achieve this release strategy functionality.

BS02-

Create own status profile & assign initial status - subsequent status ( against each status you can create Authorization code" & assign it to the required user profiles with the help of Basis).

"Status profiles" Config threads available in the forum. Please try to make search.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhartha,

There is no such release strategy for Sales order in SAP. It works for Purchase Req. and Purchase orders.

Still u want to restrict user for change the SO. You can take the help of Basis Authorization. You can give change authorization for the user ID who is authorized to do the change.

Regards

Praveen Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no such Release Strategy available for Sales orders, It's there for Purchase orders in SAP.

So you have to try with a user exit in that case.

Check below link for all SD User Exits.

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPLO/SDUserexits

Best regards,

Anupa