cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do we add a new material view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to add a new material view to the material master . How do I do this?

Please note that this view is not existing currently in the system. Hence I cannot go thru MM01 and include this view.

Regards

Srikanth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Select the new view in OMS2 T.code and follow the steps:

1.Select material type of the material in which you want to make the change

2..Double click on material type , then on right hand side, you will find user parameters under which you will find the views

3. Select the view you want and save your settings

4.Then go to mm01 and extend the view.

For more check the link;

http://www.sap-img.com/materials/adding-views-in-material-master.htm

Regards,

Biju K

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear srikanth,

1.If your query is to add a new view to the existing material,say you have created material X with basic 1,2 view and

MRP1,2,3,4 views,now additonaly if you want to included or add pruchasing view,just goto MM01 and enter the same material

code X and select the purchasing view and proceed or else the same you can do it using MM50.

2.If your query is to add a new view to a specific material type then use T code OMS2,now select tthe material type say

FERT,and click on details,(controlshiftF2),and now select the view say Accounting view and save the data.

After this setting whenever you create a material with material type FERT,you will be able to select accounting view also.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Mangalraj Senthamaraikannan,

Thanks indeed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ,

Go to OMS2 Tcode..

Select your material type and double click on that.

Under User department select the view which you want to extend.

Save and come out.

Now check out in MM01.

Cheeers!!

utsav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi utsav,

ISSUE is , I dont see that view in the "USER DEPARTMENT". However, I see this view(SPECIFICATIN ASSIGNMENT") when I log in to a demo system.

Dont know from where this is appearing in the demo system.

murugan_mgl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

I think u r talking about having a field in material master which is displayed in ur demo system.For this u first find out the Table &

field name of that field by pressing F1.Then goto OMS9 put F4 in field status group & enter the table * field name & enter the value

in field status group.Then below in field selection against MM01 ,02 & 03 make the field entry as optional & save.Then go & see

inthe material master the field will be displayed.U can enter ur value.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Check with Abapers if you are using any BADIs or not.

Utsav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to add the standard SAP views to the MM01 transaction you can access OMS2 transaction and select the material type and the list of views required.

If you want to add any customized view for a Material master other than the standard views available in the SAP, then please comment with your business requirement, so that the forum can help you in getting a closer view so as to avoid customizing a view.

Customizing a view is not a standard solution, and it will affect and hit many programs which would be an tough task.

Thanks and Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

This is my requirement.

I have defined specification in CS02 and for this specification, there is a TAB called "material Assignment". Here I can include any material which i want to link to the spec. Basically this is for creating Bill of specification.

When I do this "material assignment", subsequently when I go to MM03 and search for this material, I can see an entry for specification in one of the material view called "specification assignment"

Like wise I also need a view called "Base Material Assignment" to appear in material master.

Can any one help me how to proceed?

regards

srikanth