Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling audit logs - variant for RSAU_SELECT_EVENTS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need some help as to how I should go about creating a variant for scheduling the audit logs using RSAU_SELECT_EVENTS as a weekly job.

I would like the job to run on a weekly basis (run on Sun) and to generate SM20 audit logs for that past week. For example, the job is to be executed (every) Sunday night (say, 22 Nov) and it will extract all logs between the previous Sun (15 Nov) thru to the current Sun (22 Nov).

My question is : how should the variant for the program "RSAU_SELECT_EVENTS" be created?

In this program, there's a "Time Restriction" section of "From Date" and "To Date". If I were to input 15 Nov (From Date) to 22 Nov (To Date) and schedule it weekly, then every week it is always going to extract the logs between 15 Nov and 22 Nov regardless of which Sun it was run - which is not correct.

How should the variant be created such that it will always extract the current past week?

I doubt this program can be used to achieve my requirements. Is there an alternative?

Thanks !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

> I doubt this program can be used to achieve my requirements.

I raise your bet by 1 beer that it can...

=> When saving the variant, scroll along to the end of the selection options to a field called Selection Variables. Place your cursor in the date fields and press F4.

Do the same for the Name of the Variable field (tip: "-7")

Cheers,

Julius

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

> I doubt this program can be used to achieve my requirements.

I raise your bet by 1 beer that it can...

=> When saving the variant, scroll along to the end of the selection options to a field called Selection Variables. Place your cursor in the date fields and press F4.

Do the same for the Name of the Variable field (tip: "-7")

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

Yup. You get your beer.

Thanks.