cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Isolate application in only one java server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I try to isolate one application I have one instance server with two java servers.

I want one application only exeute in java server I decide.

My first option was start up my instance but all application deploy in my two java server

then I stop my application in one server (with Visual Administrator>Deploy>by application --> Stop) and ready but it is not good idea becasue the dispatcher try to find both java servers.

Also I don't know to install another java instance still.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Oscar,

You cannot restrict the use of an application on the same instance.

The java dispatcher, which load balances the requests between the server nodes on the same instance, presumes that all server nodes are identical and therefore your users will get error when their requests are sent to the server node on which your application is stopped.

If you have more than one instances, you could configure your load balance to dispatch requests to your application to a specific server node based on the URI.

Regards,

Ventsi Tsachev

Technology Development Support (J2EE Engine)

SAP Labs, Palo Alto, Ca (USA)

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ventsi Tsachev

>you could configure your load balance to dispatch requests to your application to a specific server node based on the URI.

Could you please provide more details on the statement?

BR, Siarhei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The load balancers have list of the instance where they could dispatch requests.

You could configure the load balancer to send all requests directed to particular URI to the same instance.

These are feature and configuration of the load balancer so you have to check in the manual of the load balancer for the parameters you have to set.

Regards,

Ventsi Tsachev