cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

options to create IDOC in IDOC Flatfile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have requirement to process a fixed length file and map that structure to a standard IDOC and that IDOC has to be written out as IDOC flat file.I just want to get different opinions to see whether there are any other options other than using ABAP mapping like mentioned in that standard How to Guide IDOC XML to IDOC Flatfile.

My scenario is Fixed length file ->XI->IDOC Flatfile-->SAP(through File port with RSEINB00 Report)

I know there is module available in PI7.1,but we are still in PI7.0 with SP18 and no plans to up grage yet.

In the file I get single header,multiple details and single trailer records and I have to create multiple IDOCs(that many number of Detail Records) from a single file.So,I think I need to use BPM first to convert multiple IDOC to single IDOC and then use the ABAP mapping to convert IDOC XML to IDOC Flatfile.like two steps.

so I am thinking to avoid BPM,ABAP mapping and to see different options to create an IDOC flat file and the receiving SAP system can read the IDOC flatfile using standard File port.Receiving SAP is is very low version(I think 3.0) which is not supporting IDOC adapter communication from XI.

please suggest different options to get IDOC Flatfile or even directly sending IDOC (with ALE connection) that has been created after the mapping from ffixed length flatfile to standard IDOC.

Thank you in adavance.

Babu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member214364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> In the file I get single header,multiple details and single trailer records and I have to create multiple IDOCs(that many number of Detail Records) from a single file.So,I think I need to use BPM first to convert multiple IDOC to single IDOC

Hi Babu,

When PI reads the file from source system, it will read all the data into Single XML file and in message mapping just do 1:N mapping to create multiple IDOCs from single XML. You dont have to use BPM for this requirement.

You wait for better solution from other for 2nd part of your requirement i.e IDOC-XML to IDOC Flat file conversion.

Have a great day.

Cheers,

Jag

former_member183909
Active Participant
0 Kudos

There is a technique called IDOC tunneling....may be want you want. IDOC is not converted to XML but retains as is flat file look. In PI the SXMB_ADM integration engine configuration turn off XML conversion so the payload remains flat.... but I remember trying this once and seems that it will only work if you are transmitting the IDOC from SAP to another SAP system....SAP to say FTP it will still convert to XML at the receiving end. Perhaps in the later version 7.1 this works as you want.