cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change user selection from shuffler before reading data from live cache.

purvang_zinzuwadia
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am faced with very strange situation which requires change in user selection (which user has input in selection shuffler) before reading data from live cache.

I have implemented SDP_SELECTOR badi using which I am getting my desired result in left pane. But when user select any product to load data in right pane due to my changes inside BADI, system doesnt bring the correct result.

I have changed the object type of all objects in SEL_CRITERIA of CT_SEL_OBJECTS parameter in INIT_OBJECT_LIST method to 'U' (user exit/custom object). As a result, system is deleting the records from user selection having object type as 'U' (even though they are valid) at the time of reading key figure values from livecache.

So I need to change the object type to standard/' ' from user exit/'U' before reading data from live cache.

Can anyone help me with this or any pointers are also welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Purvang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Puvang,

I am not sure whether this helps you or not but giving it just to try.

Try whether C_APO_FUN authorisation object is missing for

the user id selections.

If not, provide and retry

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

purvang_zinzuwadia
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Thanks much for replying.

I checked in user profile for auth object you mentioned, it is there. Could you tell me purpose why you suggested this option?

let me clear my requirement again. I have added custom object that doesnot exist in POS in shuffler. If you try to select standard object after custom object in shuffler, F4 popup doesnt appear as system doesnt find custom object in POS.

So to force the control to BADI F4 method, I set object_type to 'U' (user exit) for all standard object and control came to BADI F4 method and I am showing popup here for all objects.

But now when I try to load data in right pane based on user selections, system is dropping all records with object_type 'U' which I donot want. Could you tell me any place/user exit/badi/FM/program where I can change shuffler selections just before reading data from live cache?

Thanks in Advance,

Purvang

Edited by: Purvang on Nov 16, 2009 11:50 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Purvang,

Were you ever able to find a solution to the issue? I am running into the same problem and would appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Lisa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Purvang,

I have the similar issue.

Custom fields are populated using INIT_OBJECT_LIST AND PROD_VALUE_LIST.

I need to provide F4 help for the custom fields, but F4 method is not being triggered.

1)how to force to trigger F4 method?

2)is there any other way to have F4 help for the custom fields.?

purvang_zinzuwadia
Active Participant
0 Kudos

can someone give any idea over this?

thanks in advance,

purvang

purvang_zinzuwadia
Active Participant
0 Kudos

any pointers?