cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

synchronous scenario for SOAP to PROXY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I will be working on the following scenarios.

XI will expose the Outbound Interfaces as a Web Service Interface. Web Service Description (WSDL File) will be generated for the Interfaces in Integration directory. DSS (decision support system) will use this WSDL file to define the data types and develop the Web Application. The Web Application sender sends the request message (Start Date, End Date and Table name) synchronously to XI using SOAP Adapter as communication channel. XI sends the message to SAP R/3 via ABAP Proxy. The ABAP Proxy extracts the data from SAP R/3 and sends the data back to XI . XI further passes on the data to DSS.

Request

Sender Application: DSS

Target Application: SAP R/3

Sender XI Adapter: SOAP

Receiver XI Adapter: XI

Response

Sender Application: SAP R/3

Target Application: DSS

Sender XI Adapter: XI

Receiver XI Adapter: SOAP

It's a synchronous interface. Please help me out right from the SLD design. I just want an idea how to proceed with this.

How many mapping will have to do? also very important point , can any one help me out, how to write an ABAP proxy for the same. I will have rewards for every answer as time is very very less and work is more.

Thanks

Veeru

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok

Former Member
VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

its simple synchronus scenario. Search for the SLD organization in the forum. You would need 2 mappings - one for request and one for response. If you do not alter any fields and maintain the same strucutures from XI to ECC then you would not even need any mapping.

ABAP proxy is not something that someone can show in a simple reply. ABAP developers are needed otherwise, one has to learn ABAP and write the code.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijay,

Thanks for your va;uable reply. how will be the SLD design. what type of technical systems have to create. I guess, one web as ABAP and other third party. Also it is a SOAP TO PROXY scenario.

Correct me if i am wrong.

I am from Java background, so how much time a ABAP proxy code requires. I have to get it done by a ABAP developer.

Thanks

Veeru

Edited by: viru srivastava on Nov 12, 2009 4:23 AM

Edited by: viru srivastava on Nov 12, 2009 6:29 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Viru,

Its a fairly simple scenario...

In SLD make sure u have technical system for ECC, then create a Business System for the same.

Import it in ID.

Follow this blog to create settings for Server proxy .

/people/vijaya.kumari2/blog/2006/01/26/how-do-you-activate-abap-proxies

Then go to SPROXY transaction in ECC to check if the connection has been established.

If u r on 7.1 u can publish web services thru service registry, else on 7.0 publish the links using UDDI and u will have to store wsdl files on XI server so it is accessible for the external application to use links to use the web service

Try to minimise mapping and loggin parameters in SXMB_ADM...performance will be better

Regards,

Teja

Edited by: Ravindra Teja on Nov 12, 2009 6:37 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Teja,

So the Business systems will Web as ABAP for ECC and other will be third party. I am right. Can u suggest me how to proceed with the mapping. Any snap shots for this scenario? If u have please provide me.

I am working on XI 3.0 for this scenario. how to handle the webservices here.

Thanks

Veeru

Edited by: viru srivastava on Nov 12, 2009 7:09 AM