Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audit SAP office messages.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there a way to audit the messages in SAP office? I'm unable to find where notes/text messages are stored.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am able to determine where they are stored, in tables SOC3, using the SOFFDB document storage location defined in OAC0.

Note 904711 describes this far better than I could try and paraphrase here.

This is a good starting point for what you need. The next trick would be to try and determine how to read the data out to audit what you need.

Perhaps there are some functions in the KPRO or ABAP dictionary that could help but I will leave that to others to comment on.

Hope that gives you a starting place,

Steve

0 Kudos

Hi Steven, thanks for reply.

Will try to figure it out with the resources you provide me. Currently main issue is how to block users from sending attachments, for what I've seen in the SOOD table it looks like they are fill up the messages trading mp3 and videos. I wonder if this can be managed with security objects at user level?

0 Kudos

> it looks like they are fill up the messages trading mp3 and videos.

Have you considered an organizational control...?

Technically, you could look for way to check the file extentions, but there might be legitimate business reasons for a media file to be exchanged by others.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

What configuration do you have in place for Inbound processing? is it SMTP through Exchange with some rules?

If this is the case than you may able to filter what is coming in SAP.

0 Kudos

hi, Kinjar Patel:

Just pure SAP internal messages not connected with exchange.