cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign Document in cProject object like Project, Phase, Task

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to attach document in cProjects at any object like Project,Phase, Task, Role etc in the "Documents" tab. I get two options i.e.

Check object in: 1. File 2. Link.

When I click "New document" button and then select "File" button, I see screen for Document data. But when I click File name, no window pops up & the earlier window disappears.

This works fine with attaching a link; but not a document. I have seen notes 937184 and 869499 which says that it works with MS JVM and older versions of SUN Java.

Thanks & regards,

Khalid

e-mail: khalid.khan.ext@geometricsoftware.com

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is correct. We had to install it as well. Try following: on your technical settings click "Check my local installation" to see what's working. If this is alright, check the "Use plug-in for document" checkbox.

If not, let me know, I might still have the old installation file on disc somewhere.

Regards,

Jochen

Former Member
0 Kudos

By the way, when you check the plug-in, you have to logout and close the browser window to get it to work....

Jochen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another option:

I just played around with it, and there is another way that works for us. We keep the "plug-in" unchecked, but Java is installed. We do not get the screen with the radio buttons for file and URL, but a screen with one input field to browse for a link or file and then 3 buttons, save, save as URL or cancel.

Just try your options what works...

Jochen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khalid/Jochen,

I am facing exactly the same problem. If I choose the "File" button, the system shows momentarily that the file is being uploaded, but then later I cannot see the file name or its link either in the "Details" view or in the "Table" view.

If I use the "Link" option the file gets uploaded & I can see the link. But when I click on the link, the browser is not able to find the server & the page cannot be displayed.

Jochen, I tried the option you suggested (of unchecking the plug-in) & it is working just fine.

If I check the plug-in for cFolders, I get the "Check-in" & Check-out" buttons & there I do not face any problem.

Now my question is why I cannot see the "Check-in" & Check-out" buttons in cProjects (in fact they are seen, but are greyed out).

Any hints/tips are most welcome.

Regards

Deepak