cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintain penalty costs in product master data via macro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to use the function MATLOC_SET to maintain the penalty cost (field Non. Del. Penalty) on SNP1 tab, but it didn't work.

Is it possible to use this function to update this field or I need to use an other function to do this?

I tried :

1) MATLOC_SET( 'NDPEN' ; 123 ; ACT_PRODUCT ; ACT_LOCATION ; ACT_VERSION )

2) MATLOC_SET( 'NDPEN' ; '123' ; ACT_PRODUCT ; ACT_LOCATION ; ACT_VERSION )

3) MATLOC_SET( 'NDPEN1LOC' ; 123 ; ACT_PRODUCT ; ACT_LOCATION ; ACT_VERSION )

4) MATLOC_SET( 'NDPEN1LOC' ; '123' ; ACT_PRODUCT ; ACT_LOCATION ; ACT_VERSION )

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Douglas Marques

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Douglas ,

You can use MASSD to do this. Or you can write a custom program to update the penality cost .

Thanks

Saradha

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

really is not possible to maintain the penalty costs via the function MATLOC_SET(), but I found in the SAP Help site that it is possible to import customer functions into ADVM and then I created a Z function to call the standard MF /SAPAPO/DM_PRODUCTS_POST to update de penalty costs fields and it worked fine!

Regards

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/EN/0c/326539e02fdc7ee10000000a114027/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for replies!

Kishore Reddy,

Yes, it's possible to maintain product master data via macro by functions. In my case, I'm using MATLOC_SET and it's work fine... except for the penalty costs fields.

Saradha,

I can't use the MASSD to do this because the costs are calculated in the macro based on sku/location forecast. But call a custom program in the macro is a good idea. I only have a doubt... Is it possible to transfer the calculated values in the macro to the custom program? If it's possible, how can I do to call the custom program transferring these values?

Julien,

The function MATLOC_SET works fine for other fields, only doesn't work to penalty costs fields...

I saw that the structures are different, but the help that provides by SAP not mention any restriction. So, I think there is some other specific function to update the costs and i tried the MATLOC_EXTRA_SET, but it updates only extra fields...

May be having another function to do this...

Thanks and Regards

Doug

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Douglas Marques,

Thanks for Information.

Regards,

Kishore Reddy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Douglas,

It is indeed not common to use macro to maintain master data; however I don't think it is impossible.

Please note that the "standard" costs are not location specific.

Did you try first for the material only?

MAT_SET( 'NDPEN' ; 123 ; ACT_PRODUCT ; ACT_LOCATION ; ACT_VERSION )

Note also that these costs are not maintained in the same structure, so I can't be sure it will work ever.

(not is /SAPAPO/MATIO but /SAPAPO/SNP04_S)

I suggest you to first try another field of the master data to see if your formula work, then try again the cost field.

Please let us know how it goes

Thanks and Regards

Julien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Macro's are used for changing are manipulating the data in the planning run.

But through Macro you cannot maintain master data.

Regards,

Kishore Reddy.