cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use different materials and batch in the same bulk storage bin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I need to store different materials and batches in the same bulk storage type and bin (it could be seen like an open storage but I need the bulk one because at it allows to key in the TO, the storage unit at confirmation time).

Even though I flagged my bulk storage type to enable the mixed storage and addition to stock in customizing the system, at putaway time, doesn't automatically determine the storage bin in the bulk but if I to key it in manually it goes.

Could someone advice on how to set the system to allow different materials and bateches and automatically determine my bulk storage bin?

Do I need an exit to the bulk search strategy?

Thaks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

well, you set up the bulk storage that it allows mixed storage, so this works, yes? But the system will never by itself create the mixed storage, that is simply not in the strategy. You have to force it, probably the exit Edd mentioned will help you there.

Best regards

Juergen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro

As I posted in my own thread about putaway to bulk:

"I found that standard configuration would not find a specific storage bin for a bulk material that was assigned in the MM01/MM02 Warehouse Management view of the material.

Instead we had to activate the user exit in the Storage Type.

We activated user exit EXIT_SAPLL03A_001. Exit MWMTO003 Own stock placement strategy

The program then found the LGPLA field (storage bin) from the table MLGT for the material/warehouse/storage type in the MLGT table"

Hope this helps

Cheers

Edd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Edd for your prompt reply,

just a quick clarification about the exits you listed:

1) EXIT_SAPLL03A_001 I found it in SE37 and lets system find the bin as available.

2) MWMTO003 I didn't find it in SE37 and get what it does.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro

IMG > Logistics Execution > Warehouse Management > Tools > Develop User Exits for Warehouse Management (This is transaction 'CMOD')

You can create a project and assign enhancement MWMTO003

You can use FUNCTION EXIT_SAPLL03A_001 to call your custom include (e.g. ZXLTOU03)

To view enhancement MWMTO003 directly, go to transaction 'SMOD'.

Enter MWMTO003 and select object component "documentation" and click display to see the help documentation on this enhancement.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Edd