cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accrual and Posting to a Account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible for a condition record to both Post & Accrue as system allows me to put account key and accrual key?

If I want to use accrual key - should i define the condition record as an accrual in control2 portion of condition record configuration? Is it not possible to use a condition record that is not having accrual key to post an accrual?

Can some one give me a bit more elaboration on accrual, account key?

Appreciate your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You seem to have some misconceptions about condition records and accruals. firstly, to clarify that part, there is no relation between an accrual and a condition record. Irrespective of whether a condition type has been marked as accrual or not, can have condition records.

Secondly, to maintain a condition type as an accrual condition, you need to mark this condition type as statistical and assign an accrual key to it in the relevant pricing procedure and determined with accrual accounts in T.code VKOA. I said mark the condition as statistical because generally accruals are not meant to be added to the net value of an item (total price), since accruals are not considered as revenues.

Thirdly, account keys are assigned to revenue/Discount/Tax conditions in the pricing procedure again and the same is determined in t.code VKOA with the G/L accounts we want the respective revenues, discounts and taxes to post to.

Hope this helps

Chandra Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Accrual Key is used only for Rebate conditions. For Rebate conditions, you need to specify Account key as well as Accrual Key in the Pricing Procedure.

For Rebate conditions, you need to specify the "Account Key", which specify in which G/L account, the discount amount will be posted.

This Rebate discount, we have to pay back to the customer when the Rebate will be settled and till that time, it is accrued with us.

So, it is posted to a special G/L account meant for accrual only.

For Rebate conditions, Accrual Key is specified in the Pricing Procedure, from which system identifies the appropriate account and posts the accrual amounts.

The accrual rate and the Rebate rate both are specified in the Condition record created within the Rebate agreement.

If the Accrual rate is not specified in the condition record, then system does not post any accrual to Accounting.

When Rebate is settled, this accrual amount is apid back to the Rebate receipient and that is how Rebate is settled.