cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment discrepancy between ECC and APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP gurus

I have a Deployment problem and I am not sure what or if there is a solution. The below is an example of the problem:

We have a Product with a Minimum lot Size of 10 pallets and a Rounding value of 1 pallet.

According to APO Help, Deployment ignores Minimum lot sizes. So when it is considering a demand for 10 pallets and there is insufficient ATD, it will create a Deployment Order for less than 10 pallets and a purchase req to make up the difference between the Minimum lot size and the Deployed quantity.

When this Deployment order passes into ECC it creates the STO, but it also creates an STO for the purchase req, even though there is no available stock. As well as creating problems for logistics execution, this also creates a discrepancy between APO and ECC with the APO req given the same number as the ECC STO. This discrepancy is not highlighted in the CCR transaction.

How do I avoid this? Can Deployment take into account Minimum Lot sizes? Why does ECC seem to ignore APO Deployment Planning?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hopefully to clarify:

1) Location heurustic creates a requstion from Plant D to E of 10 pallets (the Minimum Lot Size)

2) Only 4 pallets are ATD

3) The Deployment Heuristic ignores the mimimum lot size and creates a Deployment Order for 4 pallets and a Purchase Req for 6 pallets. SAP Help states that: "The deployment heuristic does not consider the minimum lot size or the rounding profile..."

4) Deployment Order published in ECC as STO for 4 pallets

5) We are configurted only to send Deployed Order into ECC. not requistions

BUT

6) ECC also creates an STO for the balance of 4 pallets, even though this is not executable as there is insufficient stock

7) In APO the req for 6 pallets is given the same document reference as the ECC STO for 6 pallets.

😎 Therefore the 2 systems are out of sync in terms of MRP elements and the business has commited to a plan that is not executable.

Regards

E

Former Member
0 Kudos

once again... deployment does not create any pur req's... it can only create transfer req's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Deployement considers Minimum lot size when there is Fareshare situation.

You can maintain rounding value in the Material master ex: 10 pallets = 100 BUOM.

Then maintain 100 as rounding value.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Kishore Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please Check what categories you have maintained in the ATD category group.

Maintain category group as per your requirement and try.

Deployement considers the ATD category group (ATP categories assigned to Group) while deploying.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Kishore Reddy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure what you are referring to...

Deployment does not create any req's to start with.

As for lot sizes, it does respect them. Refer to OSS 490283.

Ken