cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use command line in Communication channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello together,

i want to use the field command line in the communcation channel. The Opperating system is OS400 R6.1. After selecting data from the db2 we want to call a program on the Operating system.

Her are the settings:

sql statement : select * from sapsrc/sadbjoin

document name: SADBJOIN.resultSet

document name: space urn:sap.com:jdbcAdapter

sql update : <test>

comand line: CALL PGM(sapsrc/sapersql01)

time. 100

The communication channel is running but the pgm call as a problem. In the NWA I get the error :

Error java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory excuting command CALL PGM(sapsrc/sapersql01) - proceed anyway

Whats the problem here ?

Thanks in advance

Wolfgang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello together,

sorry for delayed answer. I was ill !

I start the Program at the PI OS system and the program ist running. In the next stepp i put the programm call(CALL PGM(DGPL/SAPERSQL03) in the PI Field command line. I start the channel. I get the NWA message

Error java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory excuting command CALL PGM(DGPL/SAPERSQL03) - proceed anyway

again. Have someone an idea?

If I want to start an OS via ABAP I must config this in the transaction SM49. Must I configure the Java enviroment like the ABAP customizing ?

Thanks

Wolfgang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Wolfgang,

Write you own script with your two OS command, place this script in directory on PI server and call this script in your XI JDBC adapter in line for OS command.

BR,

Dzmitry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wolfgang,

Just to Clarify, are you trying to execute the command on remote FTP OS or PI system. Bceause this option executes the command on PI OS system but not on remote system

Thanks

-Kulwant

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Kulwant,

thanks for the answer. This is the problem. This command runs only on the target OS !!!

I must start two update commands on db2 . But in the comunication channel I can only start one update command. Have qou an idea ???

Thanks wolfgang