cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Delivery Per Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a request from a single customer to only recieve one delivery per sales order. Our usual process is to create an initial delivery when at least 70% of an entire order is filled, and then subsequent orders must be 90% of the remaining open quantities. This customer would like us to ship the first order per usual, but after this would like the rest of the order cancelled.

I have seen the "max partial deliveries" in the customer master, but after research and testing have found that this is for the item level only. Our requirement is to not allow more than one delivery at the header level, not item. Is this possible through standard configuration?

Thanks for any help!

J

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can attempt to do two things in order to resolve your issue..

1. Create a program which will contain a BDC (with the help of your developer) to fill the reason for rejection for all the items in the sales order. The program will pick only sales orders which have a subsequent delivery in the documetn flow (VBFA). You can schedule this as batch job hourly or more frequently depending on the volume of business you do in a day

2. Secondly, write a code in MV50AFZZ or may be your developer can search fora suitable customer exit where you will set the status of the document (both header and item) to complete once delivery has been created for a sales order. This could be more complex than the first options because user exits always require extensive and through regression testing to make sure the changes do not affect other business processes.

Hope this helps

Chandra Kiran

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friends.

i think the partial delivery settings in the customer master are only at item level, and testing seems to support this. even rejecting open sales order items does not prevent subsequent delivery if either the rejection reason is removed or if new items are added.

i thought about completion rule... that is, if the sales order item has been referenced even once, it will be considered completed. but this also happens at item level only.

i could still be wrong, however, but i think if only 1 delivery for the entire sales order header is required, ABAP enhancements would be required.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the customer master under sales area / shipping tab

Partial delivery per item : B

Max partial deliveries allwoed : 0.

This will not allow more than one delivery for the customer. This is header level and not item level.

Thanks

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

If you select complete delivery in customer master/sales document, there is every chance you might miss out many orders due to non availability of all stocks in sales order. To overcome this best way is to select one time delivery in customer master/sales document, so that order gets created for all the available materials as per RLT. For unavailable items, develop a program to apply reason for rejection automatically. This program can be scheduled to run every 15 minutes to ensure reservations or released for those items.

Hope that explains, if you have any further queries please do revert.

Thanks

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chanski,

1. For this you need to use and mark the field "Complete Delivery Required by Law" in Customer Master and this field is not at item level. if you set this field.. the system will allow for only one delivery...

The field :Partial delivery per item is for item level... here you need to set as C - Only complete delivery allowed...

2. the same complete delivery can be set in the Sales Order in overview screen and in Sales Tab... field Complete Delivery (at the top)...

Hope this resolves your problem..

Thanks,

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello J

As per my understanding your requirement is, you would like to deliver the quantities confirmed at the first stage ie. while creating a order.

click at the item, go to schedule line screen. You can see a tick box with description 'Fixed date & quantity', pls tick this.

Relevance of this indicator is, for e.g. if the order quantity is 100, confirmed is 70. System will allow you to deliver only 70.

Once you bill the 70, the status flow in sale order will be set as 'Complete'.

thank you

Anirudh