cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

web service info in SICF

Former Member
0 Kudos

ECC 6.0, SP16 here. I created a web service from a BAPI recently using the WS creation wizard from SE37 (btw, using wizard from se80 gives the same results). Everything went fine, but when i go to SICF now, i see that my Web service has three extra nodes under it. I named by Web service z_tickets. So in SICF under the path /default_host/sap/bc/srt/rfc/sap i see a node z_tickets which has a node 100 (probably the client no.) which has a node under it called z_tickets which has another node under it called z_tickets. So now, the correct URL to call my web service is myhost/sap/bc/srt/rfc/sap/z_tickets/100/z_tickets/z_tickets which looks kind of awkward .... All my old web services use to be simply single node in SICF. IS this normal ???? what am i doing wrong ?? or is it because of Sp14 where the new soamanager, end of wsadmin etc kicked in ???? Please advise.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check your nodes properly in soamanager and wsadmin, May be same FM is being used in both the areas.

it is not normal or comes by default, the parameters that you set during creation of webservice via FM determines what you will see in the URL and SICF.

Former Member
0 Kudos

MercAMG,

I am using SOAmanager but that only to retrieve the wsdl file,nothing fancy and this step comes only after i have created the WS. The multiple nodes get created right away in SICF before i even go to soamanager to do or check anything. So, its definitely not a matter of FM being duplicated somewhere etc.

As far as the parameters in teh WS creation wizard are concerned, I am using very normal ones, give a z name for WS, choose FM as the endpoint, choose low or No security profile, check box for deploy service (even unchecking it doesnt help), choose my transport request and package and complete. any clues ?

Chrisx
Explorer
0 Kudos

Rajiv,

did you ever get an answer to this?  I'm seeing the same thing and I'm curious.