Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the Technical Reason for Creating Message Type

former_member331856
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any particular reason to use Message Type. Already we are defining Data Type. Please give me some detailed explanations.

Thanks in Advance.

Thanks & Regards,

Giridhar.C

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Giri,

SAP telling below reason why we are creating message type

"A message type comprises a data type that describes the structure of a message. For technical reasons, a data type alone is not sufficient to describe the instance of a message: Data types are defined in XML Schema as abstract types that are not yet tied to an element. You can only describe an instance of a message when you have specified a data type as an element type. Therefore, a message type defines the root element of a message"

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Addition to above message type forms/creates the exact root tag send by the sender application system...

by this it allows to you to reuse the datatype for many applications if the structure is same..only thing is need to create the message type with exact root tag(i.e structure expected from the sender..)

HTH

Rajesh

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Data type need not have any sub elements in it. Only a message type has the constraint to have a root element and any sub elements.

VJ

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Data type just defines the structure....however Message type contains the actual payload (i.e. structure + data)