cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create an Internal Customer for Ineterplant stock Transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daer Gurus,

Please tell me how to create an Internal Customer for Interplant stock transfer.

Actually I have three plants out of them two plants are providing goods to third plant. Also both the plants do the stock transfer in eachother.

How to maintain the Two plants as supplier and third one as a receiver plant.

which account group I should use and what details I have to use for it ? Do I need to maintain all three plants under same account group? I know the theoratical process only for stock transfer please guide me on this Internal customer issue.

thanks in advance

regards,

Sanjay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can create internal customers for stock transfer with any acount group. Account group only determines what data appears in the various screens. But make sure you select an account group which has sales, shipping and billing data. A/C group sold to party can be chosen for your purpose.

Secondly, remember the priinciple of the assignment of internal customers.......I will try to explain with an example

supplying plant 1000 - receiving plant 1100

In the maintain shiiping data for plants in customizing: In the details for plant 1000, assign sales area in which you have created the receiving plant. In other words receiving plants for whom supplying plant is 1000 should always be created in the sales area that you assign here.

In the details for 1100, assign the internal customer that you have created for 1100. This rule is the same irrespective how many ever supplying plants supply to how many ever receiving plants.

Hope this is clear, let me know if there is any confusion

Thanks

Chandra Kiran

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Take your three plants as AAAA, BBBB and CCCC.... and these 3 plants may be assigned to the Sales Area of AAA 10 10, BBB 10 10 and CCC 10 10.

Your STO will have following 4 flows.

1. AAAA - CCCC

2. AAAA - BBBB

3. BBBB- CCCC

4. BBBB- AAAA

you need to do the following settings...

1. Assign the Sales Area for the Shipping Plants... for ex (AAAA - AAA 10 10 and BBBB - BBB 10 10)

2. You need to Create a Internal Customer for every Rec. Plant and need to assign the same to the Rec Plant. And Also note that this customer needs to be created in the Sales Area which is assigned in the Shipping Plant.

(Note that CCCC will be Rec Plant from Both AAAA and BBBB... So you need to extend that customer for both the Sales Area of the plants AAAA and BBBB)

Following is the example settings required for our scenario 1.

AAAA will be a supplying plant and CCCC will be rec. plant.... for this you need to create a internal Customer (for ex C1000) in Sales area AAA 10 10 (which is assigned to the plant AAAA) and assign the Customer number (C1000) to Plant CCCC.

Now you created a plant CCCC as a customer in Sales Area AAA 10 10 (which is nothing but plant AAAA)...

Also here you need assign the Sales Area AAA 10 10 to the Plant AAAA.

Hope this will be useful to you.

Thanks,

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The CUSTOMER GROUP of INTERCOMPANY CUSTOMER is ICAR

Create this customer and assign this customer to the RECEIVING PLANT in the IMG

Path: IMG->MATERIAL MANAGEMENT>PURCHASING>PURCHASE ORDERS>SET UP STOCK TRANSFER ORDERS--DEFINE SHIPPING DATA.

Here assign the INTERCOMPANY CUSTOMER to the receiving plant.

Hope it clears,

regards,

santosh