Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MII ignores SAP ERP logon language settings

matthias_prller
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I have currently a problem with the logon language of MII (to sap erp).

I call a function module with rfc and I get standard error messages in englisch which is not really a problem for me but the messages are saved and a user has to look at them.

What I did: I changed the logon language in MII SAP server editor to "DE" but the messages are still in english. If I call the function module direct in SAP with my user with the german logon language the error messages are saved in the german language.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Matthias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matthias,

how are the user settings of the connection user (MII - SAP) in SAP? Are they set to language DE?

If you need the message in a different langauge, the following thread might help: [User Language|http://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=33988869&messageID=8211107]. You can get a translation of the message using the BAPI_MESSAGE_GETDETAIL.

Michael

matthias_prller
Participant
0 Kudos

Michael,

yes they are set to DE (we tried it also without an language setting - default of our SAP system is DE).

The BAPI_MESSAGE_GETDETAIL helps us a lot, thank you for that, but it is not very nice. We don't need it in a different language we always want it in the german language.

As a workaround we will now ask if sy-langu = 'E' call BAPI_MESSAGE_GETDETAIL in our function module with language 'DE'. That is not really nice but it works.

So if you have another idea what there could be wrong it would be glad to hear from you.

Regards,

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matthias,

are you using the JCO Action with Start- and End-Session? No, Then you need to setup in the Link Editor

the Language. They will not use the Language settings from the SAP Server Editor.

Cheers.

Pedro

matthias_prller
Participant
0 Kudos

Pedro,

Thank you very much. That solved the problem. I really love these little features

Hope to see you next year again in our company...

Cheers.

Matthias

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi we can use different connectors for the ECC according  to the language and can pass the language dynamically from our Transaction in JCO action block.

By doing this we can get messages in desired langauge, the only requiremnet is that the RFC or the BAPI should be configured to send messages on the basis of language passed via connector.

Its just an extra information , Might be useful .