cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quotation with refference to inquiry - Price not triggred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

When a customer requests information (can be through a phone call, an email, or a Request For Quotation (RFQ) document) about the products or services he needs. The sales personnel can input that request into SAP SD module by creating an Inquiry document

When the sales person creates an inquiry in VA11 he will give basic informationu2019s like Customer, material, quantity others details except the selling price. As per the client requirement he doesnu2019t want to maintain the price in inquiry document so I have maintained separate pricing procedure for inquiry and quotation.

When we create a quotation with reference to the inquiry document the system has copied all the informationu2019s like customer, material, and quantity but the price is not triggered from the condition record.

If I create quotation for same material and customer without reference to inquiry document the condition record is triggered and sales price is determined in the quotation automatically.

Note: I have tested with all combinations in price type field like A, B, C, D, G in VTAA but I didnu2019t get the result. I have maintained Sales price condition type ZPRO as a mandatory condition.

Please though some light if anyone has tested this scenario

BB

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is answer in you ques itself.....

That is you said you are maintaining 2 diff. pricing proc. for inquiry and quotation.

When you create quotation w/o ref. to inquiry then system determines the pricing procedure of quotation and fetches the cond. records accordlingly. (quotation pricing proc.)

When you create quotation with ref. to inquiry system copies all the data to quotation except pricing because

1. You may not be maintaining the price in inquiry as you already stated

2. You may not have maintained the condition records for the inquiry (inquiry pricing procedure)

3. Even if you are maintaining the price in inquiry there may be pricing type as B or C.....

Kindly check in VA23, at item level, click on Analysis button and see how and which pricing is determined.....

for no. 3 if it is true....maintain value as D in pricing type.........

Hope it helps

regards,

Sagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have checked by changing the price type C,D etc........ No result

I have 2 pricing procedure z0001 (inquiry )and z0002 (quotation and sales order) . My question is clear if i create a quotation or sales order with reference to inquiry the price should be triggered from Condition record of the condition type ZPR1 in pricing procedure Z0002.

i am getting the below Error message because i made that as mandatory condition type

Pricing error: Mandatory condition ZPR1 is missing

if i see the analysis it shows condition record missing for ZPR1

but if i create the order without reference to inquiry condition record is fetched from condition Type ZPR1 automatically.

Please Don't give any vague answers.........

Edited by: babubala on Nov 12, 2009 1:40 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly check in Analysis, which pricing procedure is determined in Quotation and make sure that condition type ZPR1 is maintained in V/08 in the same pricing procedure determined in quotation.....

In VTAA from Inquiry to Quotation, give value B for Pricing type.

Also in pricing proc. determination (OVKK) give proper pricing proc.(Quotation pricing proc.)

Suggestion: Give diff values for Document pricing procedure (inquiry and quotation) so that system will determine pricing procedure correctly

And finally maintatin condition records in VK11 for ZPR1 which should be there in Quotation pricing proc.

Try this n post ur feedback

Note: No one is interested in giving vague answers. All the experts give suggestions based on either their experience or by thinking various combinations logically.....

regards,

Sagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

when you copy sales order from inquiry Z001 will trigger in sales order as well, not Z002. Also make sure ZPR1 maintained in both Z001 and Z002.

without reference Z002 will trigger.

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear babubala,

As suggested above to check in "Condition analysis", you have checked & said

if i see the analysis it shows condition record missing for ZPR1

we asked to see you the analysis, because Condition reocrd is missing for ZPRI. after checking in analysis, you have provided the same message.

here what we expected is, you will find the reason in analysis - why the conditon record has not picked. but didnt provide the inputs.

I have tested your scenario, Created Quotation wrt: Inquiry ( maintained 2 diff pricing procedures in IN & QT). As you said, system is not picking the ZPRI from condition record.

Condition analysis is clearly showing the reason that, system is unable to find the "Pricing date", because of which condition record is not triggered in QT.

try to find the other way to default the Pricing date @ item level.

NOTE: Contributors are spending their time. So I request you to respect them & their time as well. If their reply doesnt helpful to you .Dont respond to their posts

Dont take it in person. No personal feelings.We are working in professional world. Hope you understand.

Mr Sagar, has already provided the hint to find the route cause of analysis. ( checking in Condition analysis) & that can be used as hint for further investigation.

Edited by: Reazuddin MD on Nov 12, 2009 7:10 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

babubala wrote:
Please Don't give any vague answers......... 
Oh darn, that means I can't answer.........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What Mr. Reazuddin said is right....system is unable to find pricing date when you see in condition analysis....I also tries this.

But if you maintain manual condition type, then works well

If your client agrees then maintain manual condition type in Quotation pricing procedure.

regards,

Sagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr.Reazuddin,

Thanks for your valuable information and your advice.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Here,

- check the "Analysis" in Conditions tab from Sales Quotation, which pricing procedure is triggered ( it will be Inquiry pricing procedure)

- Validity from & to date entered in Quotation r not? becasue these dates will not be copied from Inquiry to Quotation in Std. As per Quotation document type details ( assume you are using std QT doc type), Pricing date will fetch from Valid from date.

Now create QT wrt:IN, & revert