cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUP 5.3: SMTP Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day Chaps.

Is it mandatory to have a MS Exchange mailbox created and the email name maintained in the Enter Email Notification Sender in CUP > SMTP Server?

If not, how will CUP send out the CUP Request email notifications? The AC5.3_Config_Guide does not mention anything on the topic.

Regards,

M Hannie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

the config guide says:

"You can configure the CUP SMTP server information so that all e-mails and notifications sent

from CUP have a generic account as the sender."

So the sender information is not mandatory - if it's configured the email sent by CUP will have this Email ID as sender information.

Also, this is not related to a(n) (Exchange) mailbox - you just need to supply the SMTP server that CUP uses for sending its emails!

Cheers,

Dominic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just an IP address is sufficient to act as the address so it can effectively be whichever mail server you wish.

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I've setup the SMTP server information, and CUP is sending emails to notify approvers of pending requsts. However I have a few issues with this screen.

SMTP Server has been entered and has saved

I had tried to put in URLs for the Application URL and the Redirection URL. The values I had entered were not correct and so now, the link that is sent to the approvers doesn't lead them to the correct CUP screen. This is my first issue - what is the correct information that should go into these fields?

The second problem is that if I try to delete this information, and then try to save it, I receive the following error:

Action failed. An unknown error occurred while performing the operation

Upon checking the logs, I notice the following:

2009-11-19 13:16:21,495 [SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_3] ERROR com.virsa.ae.configuration.actions.SMTPServerNameAction

java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1

From this error, I can make out that it is being generated because I tried to remove the incorrect URLs that I had entered.

Have you seen this problem, and if so, how did you fix it?

Thanks,

Santosh Krishnan

Former Member
0 Kudos

You don't need to use these fields if you are not integrating with EP. If you are not on SP7 and above, you won't be able to delete these values. Upgrade to SP 9 (latest) and you will be able to delete these fields.

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alpesh. Since I can't delete this data until I upgrade to SP07 or SP09, what do you suggest is the alternative? My client isn't willing to do the upgrade at this time.

Thanks,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, Santosh. There is no alternative other than deleting this data from database itself. You will have to find the table information and clear this data from the table.

Alpesh

Answers (0)