cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 renderers in layout set reading from different areas of km repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Day

I have a layout set which contains 2 collection renderers.

Each renderer must display content from different areas of the km repository in a way that is controlled by the KM Navigation iView parameters "Path to root folder" & "Path to initially displayed folders"

For example :

Renderer 1 should display content from the path specified in "Path to root folder"

and Renderer 2 should display content from the path specified in "Path to initially displayed folder"

Is this possible? If yes, then how can i do this?

Renderer 1 is a custom renderer that displays folders almost like in a tree structure.

Renderer 2 is a EntryPointsCollectionGridRenderer

Kind Regards

B

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi bibsie

Yes, it is possible. You just have to duplicate your existing layout set and only use one of your collection renderers for each of your layout sets.

Lets say we now have LayoutSetROOT using CollectionRendererROOT and LayoutSetFOLDER using CollectionRendererFOLDER. You then have to enter the LayoutSetROOT into "Layout Set for Root Collection" and LayoutSetFOLDER into "Layout Set" in the KM Navigation Iview and you have achieved your desiret functionality.

Kind regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Martin for your reply.

I have tried what you suggested but this still does not work. I explain:

LS= LayouSet

CR = Collection Renderer

LSROOT contains CR1, CR2, CR3 and LSFOLDER contain CR4.

In the iView editor, the parameter for "Layout Set for Root Collection" is set to LSROOT and parameter for "Layout Set" is set to LSFOLDER.

When i view the page it only displays the LSROOT layout set. It actually only displays whatever layout set is specified under the parameter "Layout Set for Root Collection". The page does not display LSFOLDER.

Have i done something wrong?

Would it be possible for LSROOT and LSFOLDER to display contents from different paths in the repository?

I have tried to do this by entering a path in "Path to initially displayed folder" and a different path in "Path to root folder for navigation" but this does not work either.

Please help further

Many Thanks

B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi B

I don't think you are aware of the use and limitations of the KM Navigation Iview. Have you read the documentation at http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/b6/29892e91601940bb7a2cd673a1dff5/frameset.htm?

"When i view the page it only displays the LSROOT layout set. It actually only displays whatever layout set is specified under the parameter "Layout Set for Root Collection". The page does not display LSFOLDER.

Have i done something wrong?"

Since I don't know exactly what your layousets consists of and how you have configured the KM Navigation Iview, this is hard to say. But perhaps it is caused by you specifying a path in "Path to initially displayed folder" that is not a subordinate to "Path to root folder for navigation".

"Would it be possible for LSROOT and LSFOLDER to display contents from different paths in the repository?" Yes, it is possible to display two different paths with two different layout sets. Thats what the "Path to root folder for navigation"/"Layout Set for Root Collection" and "Path to initially displayed folder"/"Layout Set" are for.

But no, it is not possible to display (merge) the content of two different folders using the KM Navigation Iview. Then you will have to create a taxonomy first or create some other kind of workaround. But I don't know if that was your aim in the first place.

Kind regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Martin!

Answers (0)