cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Trigegr an Event

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement in Project systems.

When a field by name ASTNR (Applicant no.) got changed . Work flow should trigger.

Presently i inherited a BO by name BUS2001. I created a triggering event in this , i attached this event to Change

Document Linkages (SWEC) to change document type PROJ.

i switched on the Event Trace.

But when i went to transaction CJ20N and changed respective field.

when i checked in transaction in SWEL no event is triggered.

Kindly help me in how to generate(trigger) this event.

Regards,

Kiran I

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Only inheriting the business object to custom object wont solve the problem. You need to deligate SAP object to your Z object. Once done that, link the event to change document. next, maintain this event into ur wokrflow as triggering event for SAP business object.

Regards,

Arpit

bhakti2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Arpit,

How to carry out this step - 'maintain this event into ur wokrflow as triggering event for SAP business object' ?

is it that in header data of workflow template in the start events section we shud give this BO and event and activate ?

and suppose we want to see first in SWEL only then it should be seen without putting it as start event in workflow template am I right ?

thanks

former_member190818
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi rita,

yes, you should put the events in Header Data of your workflow definition. And what you mean by

suppose we want to see first in SWEL only then it should be seen without putting it as start event in workflow template am I right ?

Kiran, just check whether have you delegated your custom BO with Standard BO and check whether you are using correct BO for your requirement.

Regards,

JMB

Edited by: JMB on Feb 21, 2008 11:21 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Are you chaging this field at WBS level or project level?

I think if you change this field at WBS level then the event will be raised.

For checking this you will have create a custom event for this object BUS2054 and then link it with Change doc PROJ in SWEC.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Akshay Bhagwat

Note: Pls mark helpful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Hope you have delegated BUS2001 for your custom object. After that in SWEC you should use your new event for object BUS2001, not for custom object. If so it should work.

Regards,

Rajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I have inherited the BUS2001. when iam trying to link in SWEC it is giving a warning the change document type and Bo are incopmatible.

can you send me the steps how to link the event .

Regards,

Kiran I

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Is the problem solved? Pls close the thread if probelm is solved.

Regards,

Akshay