cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving default values for checkboxes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

one of our customers has recently upgraded ´their NW7.00 (SAP ECC 6.0) system to basis SP18. As a result of this, it is no longer possible for users to save default values, in Web Dynpro ABAP applications, neither for checkboxes nor for radiobuttons.

This worked fine before the application of the support package. The user could simply right click the UI element and select "Use current value sas default" from the context menu, as is still the case for all other input-enabled UI elements.

This option is simply no longer available in the context menu for checkboxes & radiobuttons.

I have had a look through the OSS notes in the SP and also the "Side-Effects" report, but can't find anything to indicate that this has been done deliberately by SAP.

Before I raise this as a question to SAP, does anbody out there have any more information on this issue. Is it a bug or a feature?

Thanks,

Mike Speight

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Chaitanya_Priya
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can refer the below thread.

[]

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

I have seen this post already, and it post refers to the IE context menu. My question relates to an option being no longer available on the standard web dynpro context menu.

Regards,

Mike

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike Speightl,

You can save the default values in the Webdynpro by using the Method (WD_DO_INT).

For exp :

If Emp is your Node name.

ID and Name are your attributes in which you wish to put default values after execution:

lo_el_emp->set_attribute( exporting name = 'ID' value = '1001' ).

lo_el_emp->set_attribute( exporting name = 'NAME' value = 'SAP' ).

When you execute your application, it will display default values in ID : 1001

Name : SAP

Just before loading any view, this method will be executed : WD_DO_INT

If you are referring to default chkbox selected after executing then refer to the concept Initialize lead selection

If this is not the issue then please let me know.

Regards,

Kittu

Edited by: Kittu on Nov 16, 2009 4:05 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kittu,

I'm not looking for details on how to set default values for checkboxes thanks. I was simply asking if anyone knew why SAP seems to have removed (in SP18) the standard context menu option to allow the user save default values for checkboxes and radiobuttons. It seems that nobody knows, so I'll raise the question with SAP themselves.

Thanks,

Mike