cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Patch set 9.2.0.8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing problem to apply oracle patchset 9.2.0.8 on our BW box. Actually, there are two instance running on same box, Development and Quality. I found only one oralce home in OUI when I checked the installed products. The instance which I want to patched up it's not there in the installed product. when I click on show empty homes then I found that oracle home.

Could you please let me know how to active the oracle home which is displaying empty in OUI. The instance which I am going to patched up it's Development system and working fine without any problem.

Thanks in advance.

Harish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

If you are using central orainventory, Then change the path in oraInst.loc to system you want to patch (/var/opt/oracle) file. Then you will get the oracle home of the system you want to patch.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

We are using central oraInventory for all the instance running on the box (the directory resides under /oracle/orainventory). The path of the oraInst.loc is in /etc and the contents of the file is "inventory_loc=/oracle/oraInventory

inst_group=dba "

Could you please tell me where to change?

Regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

inventory_loc=/oracle/oraInventory

Change this path to

inventory_loc=/oracle/<SID>/oraInventory

This will solve your issue.

Thanks,

Sachin

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Harish,

it seems like only one ORACLE_HOME is included in the central oracle inventory.

You can attach/recreate the needed central oracle inventory entries with help of the local oracle inventory.

Metalinknote 556834.1 describes it .. for metalink access check sapnote #758563

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the inofrmation about the metalink. I have gone through the notes which you mentioned on link. I had created new inventory but the problem is still there. I am not able to see oracle home in OUI even after create the oraInventory again. Any thought?

Regards,

Harish