Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem using Oracle JDBC Driver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I try to configure the Oracle JDBC Driver the following way:

I load the Oracle drivers ojdbc14_g.jar and nls_charset12.jar

I configure the DataSource using the Driver Class oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver, the database URL: jdbc:oracle:thin:@h50a430:1521:WLP1E1A0 and the User with Password.

As soon as its activated I get the following error:

java.rmi.RemoteException: Error occurred while starting application in whole cluster and wait.; nested exception is:

com.sap.engine.services.deploy.exceptions.ServerDeploymentException: Complex error : server ID 4123350:Cannot start DataSource "Oracle".

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployCommunicatorImpl.startApplicationAndWait(DeployCommunicatorImpl.java:678)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployCommunicatorImpl.startApplicationAndWait(DeployCommunicatorImpl.java:660)

at com.sap.engine.services.dbpool.deploy.DataSourceManagerImpl.startApplication(DataSourceManagerImpl.java:535)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

any hint?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

why are you including nls_charset12.jar? i thought that's for jdk 1.2 and 1.3 only. which version of was are you using? if 640, then jdk/jvm 142 is required. you may have a conflict.

i also created an oracle driver, but just using ojdbc14.jar. my data source starts fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't create an Oracle datasource too.

Uploaded ojdbc14.jar, used the same Oracle jdbc settings as in my jdbc explorer where everything works fine, set initial connections to 1, set SQL Engine to Native SQL,...

-> won't start.

I restarted the cluster too. The Datasource is still marked with a red cross in the admin tool.

This is with the type 1.x setting, as XA seems to be still broken in WAS 6.40.