cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Installation Server and SAPLOGON.SAL...HELP!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've just applied a new patch to my SAP GUI 6.40 Distribution Service (Patch 19), and have run into the following issue:

When a workstation connects to our installation server, the NT file copy of the SAP GUI files works fine (Watch out with Patch 19, however), but there is an SAPLOGON.SAL shortcut file that is created on the desktop (as opposed to SAPLOGON.EXE). When I click on that shortcut, I get prompted that there is a "newer version of the GUI on the installation source" even though I've just upgraded. If I click NO, I continue on to the SAP Logon. If I click Yes, it reinstalls the SAP GUI files (and gives me the prompt that there is an update available after I re-launch the .SAL file).

I'm using SAP's Installation Server application for this process.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you restart the computer?

What patch level where you at previously? We had some problems with the obsoleted "Installation check at runtime" option and had to remove the key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sap\Installer

We do not use the Distribution Service though.

OSS Note# 756686 looks like it might help (the second point), but it appears to disable the automatic checking for updates. A customer message might be in order.

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was on Patch 18 previously, but have run it from scratch (with no GUI on the workstation) as well.

Thanks for the note rec. I've also sent a message into SAP.