Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Explorer script error in Solman Workcenter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm in solman workcenter

SOLMAN_WORKCENTER--> ROOT CAUSE ANALYSIS --> END-TO-END ANALYSIS >All technical systems> select a system-->workload analysis.

Then appears the tabs OVERVIEW, <SID>Application server java, <SID>Enterprise portal

But when I click on any of these tabs and the underlying tabs under any othese main tabs, I get a Internet explorer script error

An error has occurred in the script of this page

Line: 9

Char:5

Error: object required

Code:0

URL: http://<host>:80<nr>/sap/bw/BEx?SAP-LANGUAGE=EN&PAGENO=7&REQUEST_NO=0&CMD=PAGE_FREE

This error occurs and a blank web page pops-up.

This happens while checking these tabs for any of the systems.

Please help to resolve this issue.

Thank you for the help.

Regards,

Bhaskar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is your IE Version.

Check these

"Open IE, go to Tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, check Disable script debugging, and uncheck Display a notification about every script error. Click Apply and OK, close IE and open again. Those debugging errors shouldn't appear anymore."

"Open the Control Panel, and double-click "Internet Options". Click on the "Advanced" tab, and enable the option "Display a notification about every script error" check box."

Hiope this solves your problem.

Feel free to revert back.

-=-Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm on Windows Vista, IE 7.

I'd already tried the first option you mentioned, but it didn't do any trick.

Adapted the 2nd option too, but no success yet.

Also, I tried on another computer, I'm getting the same error on that computer too. A FREE PAGE - blank URL opens up whenever I click on any tab.

But on the other computer, I'm getting the error as

A Runtime Error has occurred.

Do you wish to Debug?

Line:8

Error: Object required.

Please provide any inputs which can help to overcome this situation.

Thanks.

Regards,

Bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried opening the URL in another browser like Firefox or Chrome? This way you can check whether it is a browser issue or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm facing problem while browsing through the tabs in Root cause analysis, as mentioned in my initial post, not in web browser.

When I click on any tab in the RCA work center screen, it automatically opens a blank web page with name as FREE PAGE, instead of opening the tabs in workcenter. The error is

A Runtime Error has occurred.

Do you wish to Debug?

Line:8

Error: Object required.

Yes/No

I've click yes/no and then it opens the tab contents.

This is happening in Solman_workcenter transaction.

So, I don't think this is any browser issue? But something related to the IE settings?

Former Member
0 Kudos

What Support Pack level are you on? Make sure you are up to date with the latest LMSERVICE patches as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm on SPS19.

Does the LMSERVICE component be cause for this any way?

Please help to resolve this error.

Thanks.