cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue regarding error message after creating credit memo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi :

I just finished creating the credit memo and was going to create delivery for it,but I encountered below error message:

copying is not possible becasue an entry is missing in table tvcpl:g2,what's wrong?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all:

Please see my reply italic,thanks.

Else if you want to compensate the customer with the Credit memo , just create the CREDIT MEMO REQUEST and CREDIT MEMO without Delivery.

Yes I want to compensate the customer with the credit memo, then what did you mean for create credit memo request and credit memo without delivery? Di d you mean I just needed to create a credit memo request?

If the customer is physically returning the goods , then you need to create a "Return order (RE)" with reference to the Billing document or Sales order.

Yes I agreed.

Create a Return Delivery followed by PGR.

Went to the return order then to create a delivery?

Next, you create a "Credit memo for Return (RE)" with reference to the 'Return Order (RE)".

What did you mean create a credit memo for return reference to the return order? How to create a credit memo refer to the return order I just created? Which order type (RE) ? RE referred to return order type rather than a credit memo?! Please be clear!

Suppose, you believe your customer and asked him to damage the goods at his end, for which you will be issueing a Credit note.

For this scenario, although the customer found the pool quality goods in their side, they donu2019t want to return to us, then we just created the credit memo request to reflect it?In this case, first you need to create a "Credit memo Request (CR)" with reference to the Billing document or Sales order. Here no Delivery is involved.

I agreed.

Then, once the Billing block is removed in VA02, from this Credit memo Request, you can create a Credit memo (G2) with reference to the Credit memo request (CR).

Then whatu2019s the next step?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As you require credit memo only not returns order.

You have created CR (credit memo request), next steps are:

1) Remove billing block from credit memo request in VA02.

2) Bill that credit memo request directly to VF01 of billing document type G2.

Amount will automatically credit to customer.

try and revert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here you have two scenarios,

First is just compensating the customer for the Poor quality parts with the CREDIT MEMO REQUEST

CREDIT MEMO REQUEST is the Order with document type G2 and if is created with reference to the Billing document

Now with Reference to the CREDIT MEMO REQUEST you can crete the CREDIT MEMO which is the BILLING DOCUMENT in VF01.

Second is you can ask the CUSTOMER TO return the POOR quality goods with the sales order type RE and the Return delivery LF and compensate him with RE billing document type

You can also send the goods instead of compensating with Credit by using the SUBSEQUENT FREE OF CHANGE DELIVERY with the Sales order SD and Delivery him with the Document type LR and no Billing in this case as you are compensating him with the goods parts in place of Defective or Poor.

Hope it is clear,

Please check the above solutions and revert back if you need any more

regards,

santosh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can also send the goods instead of compensating with Credit by using the SUBSEQUENT FREE OF CHANGE DELIVERY with the Sales order SD and Delivery him with the Document type LR and no Billing in this case as you are compensating him with the goods parts in place of Defective or Poor.

so if I want to compensate the customer with good quality material,then I need to create subsequent free of change delivery based on the return order? And have it delivery to the customer then no billing needs to be generated as you said,please confirm?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi :

Due to the pool quality we delivered to our customer,and I just created the credit memo request in system to reflect it,I am not sure the next step what I should do? Do I need to create the subsequent return order for it? Or I can create the return delivery directly?Please advise!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For CREDIT MEMO request there should be no DELIVERY created as subsequent document.

Credit memo Request contains the CREDIT MEMO (billing document ) as the subsequent document.

If you want to compensate the customer for the Goods of Poor quality with the good parts then you have to create the Return order and Delivery of the poor parts and do the Trade order,

Else if you want to compensate the customer with the Credit memo , just create the CREDIT MEMO REQUEST and CREDIT MEMO without Delivery.

please check that and let me know if you need more details

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What I understood is that, you have already delivered the goods to the customer some time back and now customer has found it as poor quality ,therefore he wants to return the goods.

If this is the scenario, then proceed as below.

If the customer is physically returning the goods , then you need to create a "Return order (RE)" with reference to the Billing document or Sales order.

Create a Return Delivery followed by PGR.

Next, you create a "Credit memo for Return (RE)" with reference to the 'Return Order (RE)".

Suppose, you believe your customer and asked him to damage the goods at his end, for which you will be issueing a Credit note.

In this case, first you need to create a "Credit memo Request (CR)" with reference to the Billing document or Sales order. Here no Delivery is involved.

Then, once the Billing block is removed in VA02, from this Credit memo Request, you can create a Credit memo (G2) with reference to the Credit memo request (CR).

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello ,

Can you tell em what u done for it .did you take order no or delivery no as a reference for it?