Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

For which devices is symboldisplayer.dll suitable?

Hi Everyone,

we would like to use Web SAP Console on Symbol MC9060 devices in Pocket Browser, but I'm having troubles with symboldisplayer.dll.

If I select a generic WebDisplayer.dll, I can log into SAP using PocketBrowser, but functin keys are not working and also scanner is not activated by default.

But If I use symboldisplayer.dll, I can't log into SAP, because PocketBrowser does not work correctly with the input boxes displayed on page. I've looked through the source code and input boxes are some type of special Active X objects.

I have also captured the data that mobile computers sends to the web server and I can clearly see that it doesn't send the data I have entered into the input boxes.

So as a result of that, SAP complains about not having all necessary information and I can't go on.

Does anyone knows, for which device is symboldisplayer.dll made for? I have tested it with Symbol MC9060 running both Windows CE .NET and Windows Mobile, but with no success. I have also tested different versions of PocketBrowser (2.0, 1.4) and also Pocket Internet Explorer, but still the same problem appears.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question