cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing '#' instead of special character in PDF.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have made a smartforms and i am converting it into PDF and sending to the customer through mail attachment.

I am sending the PDF in customer language.

I have used text module for translation into customer language.

But some special charater are printed as ' # '.

For Example:-

For language slovakia(SK).

' Customer ' is translated as ' Číslo odberateľa '.

But while downloading the PDF attachment instead of ' Číslo odberateľa ' it is printing as #íslo odberateľa.

Any sollution for this.

Regards,

Sandipan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check whether ur ADOBE is capable of displaying language slovakia(SK) ok if not upgrade ur ADOBE..

its basically a ADOBE compatablity issue (even i have faced the same issue with japanese text)

Check with ur Technical team for it...

surya

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I the problem is resolved by our basis team they have configured a printer which supports the special character type.

Thanks for all your efforts.

Regards,

sandipan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I suppose the prnting device must be configured with respect to the language used in the form.

Regards

Umakanth

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check the fonts installed on your Adobe machine. Also try another font to use (Myriad Pro helped me with this problem for Russian language). Good luck, Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am Even having the Same Problem in my new INVOICE Smartform the Same Character which you have specified is Printing in # and some other characters are printing in # in SK language can you please kinly help me out if you find any thing regarding this one

I have maintained Transalation as well but it's not Printing.

Thanks & Regards,

Prasad.

NAeda
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

For the requirement of printing special characters, Check SNote 812821

rgds

Aeda