SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WPUBON

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Is there any way in POS DM to use WPUBON to update stock level, without creating the FI docs?

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any way in POS DM to use WPUBON to update stock level, without creating the FI docs?

Hello, this is not a POS DM issue. WPUBON is the message type used in SAP Retail ERP to upload non-aggregated sales documents.

The thing is that in SAP Retail you can't post sales without posting FI docs.

Regads,

Juan Carlos

0 Kudos

As Juan Carlos already mentioned, this is not depending on POS DM but on the goods movement type that is set up in the inbound processing in SAP Retail (ERP). Per default this is 251 for sales an 252 for returns. In fact the goods movment type 251 creates an FI document as it is a goods issue (merchandize leaves the company and so FI must be posted). There should be no doubt that this is correct.

However this questions arises very often if customers want to trickle feed data into ERP in order to see the up to date stock figures during the day. Trickling data via WPUBON into SAP Retail cannot be recommended as you would create a huge amount of follow-on documents in ERP (Billing Document -> subsequent FI Document; Material Document -> subsequent FI Document) per transaction. Whereas you only would have a handfull of subsequent documents if you aggregate the data in PIPE and sent one posting at the end of day.

If tricle feeding is you problem there is different solution for it.

The standard solution to solve this problem is that the inventory lookup in SAP ERP considers also all the sales data that are already posted in POS DM but not yet processed in SAP Retail.

You can find a detailled description of this functionality in OSS Note: 1088886. As this also requires 2 step processing in POS DM you should also see OSS Note 980272.

Best regards

Carsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Juan/Carsten Thanks to both of you....

To

Dear Carsten

I have seen ur solution - but it reads the stock by a select query from various tables and shows the differential stock information... but it doesnt update the stock in ECC.. as you have pointed out rightly that WPUBON creates huge data for ECC and creates huge article docs and FI docs as follow on document ..

as my requirement to get the immediate stock updation since other modules like SRS , Web store that requires current stock in the ECC system...

I am fix at this point and if you can make me out of the situation...

Abhijit

0 Kudos

From an ERP point of view you need to avoid the goods issue so only the material document but no Fi documents would be created. A feasible approach is to post the sales during the day in realtime but not as goods receipt but as a stock transfer between 2 storage locations in the same store. So the stock available in storage location 0001 would be reduced in real time and can be used for a inventory look up, replenishment and also availibility check. The second storage location is only used as a buffer until the end of day. Than you can clear it using the aggregated sales from POS DM that would really post the goods issue.

In order to achieve this you would need to create a 2nd storage location for each article in every store. A minor problem would be that the WPUBON IDoc cannot post from storage location 0001 to 0002 by default. But this could be fixed using a specific transaction type for WPUBON01(with billing switched off) and a small user exit implementation. Or create a speicific task in POS DM in order to use the WPUWBW01 instead of the WPUBON01. You should check this approach witht your FI guys too.

Regards Carsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Carsten,

Thanks for your support...

1 )This is fine... but could you please help me setting up in the 1st way ie. using WPUBON01 and Exit...as i find out of your answer that i have to set up various transaction type-dependant configuration in ECC... then what would this EXIT do exactly?

2) What would be the finnancial impact if i set up with WPUWBW as you said? Here through WPUWBW posting from POS DM to ECC it sends the real time POS sales data to ECC and creates transfer posting from actual ( 1st ) storage location to dummy (2nd) storage location using Movement type 411 and so creating only Article document, NOT the FI Doc. Then at EOD when actual posting takes place from POS DM to ECC using sales idoc ( configured with WPUUMS / WPUTAB using DUMMY (2nd) storage location...), it reduces the stock from DUMMY (2nd) storage location using sales movement types... hence creating as usual Article doc & FI doc... thus it balances stock between two storage locations ...

Here is one more doubt how to send sales stock to other storage location using WPUWBW ( this idoc contains two fields LGORT and UMLGO as storage location)?

Please help...

Abhijit

0 Kudos

Hi,

1.) you would need the user exit in order to assign the 2nd storage location in the mseg structure. In the POS Inbound you can only assign the first storage location. In order to do this I would take the EXIT_SAPLWPUE_102 in order to adjust the parameter IO_INTERFACE-dl_imseg.

2.)There should be no difference to an normal end of day WPUUMS posting. We used this approach in a couple of projects with no impact. However we always reassured with the FI guys.

Regards Carsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Carsten,

Could you please tell me how to transfer stocks from one storage loc to other using WPUWBW....( Mov Type 411)...

WPUWBW - this idoc contains two fields LGORT and UMLGO as storage location- these are issuing StLoc or receiving

StLoc?

how to determine from which StLoc to which StLoc goods will move?

How to maintain those default values/ set up / configure those value so that every time it will move stock from one location to

other Storage location?

Does it require anything to be done that during the day whatever sales will take place ,POS DM will send those data only as goods

movement transaction data...

what are the prerequisite configuration for that...

could you please help me?

Abhijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any way to use the querry - "/POSDW/SALES_QUERY_RFC" ( as in the note 1088886 ) in enhancements which are used for MRP & ATP checks in ECC so that during ATP check / MRP run in ECC,it will also take into account what has been sold in POS during the day using this RFC call ?

Regards,

Abhijit

0 Kudos

Hi Abhijit (...& Carsten)

I am setting up inbound processing for a franchise scenario (I think that was the reason for your initial question 6 years ago!). For Franchisees we want to inventory manage stores but billing and accounting is not relevant as the goods will be sold using a sales order.

How did you resolve your issue?

Thanks,

Alex

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I've implemented similar scenario - sales without sales document, that means to post only material movements without sales docs.

You can use WPUE0002 -> EXIT_SAPLWPUE_110 -> Include ZXWPUU07 and there can delete (conditionally based on store) sales lines. Somethind like:

IF "store is franchisee".

FREE io_interface-dc_komfkgn.

FREE io_interface-dc_komfkko.

FREE io_interface-payment_types.

ENDIF.

Regards,

Hristo