cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Call to search help exit

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have 2 fields- object type and object name.

Object Type is a F4 help with values say Program, Project Cluster, etc

Object Name also is a F4 help whose values are based on the selection made in Object Type.

For ex: If Object type = 'Program'. Then i have a function module that returns all the programs and those values have to be bound to the F4 help of Object Name.

If Object type = 'Project Cluster', Then i have a function module that returns all the programs and those values have to be bound to the F4 help of Object Name.

So if i have a Search help exit say, OBJ_SH

In this search help exit, i read the value of Object type.

Based on the object type, i call different function modules and populate the search help for Object Name.

Is the above possible?

Can you suggest any other ways to do the same?

Regards,

Wilma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Chaitanya_Priya
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

i saw the thread which was raised by you earlier.

[;

I have refered to the comp WDR_TEST_DDIC_SHLP..

test the application :

1.enter the country name for eg US the corresponding city name is placed in the Departure city.

2.now u click on f4 help of departure city u can see the cities related only to US.----

this what you needed i guess.

Priya

0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

I checked the test application WDR_TEST_DDIC_SHLP. If it had behaved like the way you explained, then it would perfectly match my requirement.

But in the test application, in the search help for Country, there are no values for the country that i can select and only cities can be selected. The entry that i select in the input help for Country forms the input for the city field.

Kindly check and let me know.

Regards,

Wilma