cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z or standard table recovery fron online daatbase backup

0 Kudos

Hi,

We need particular Z or standard table recovery fron online daatbase backup.

My query is, we online database backup daily base at 6.00 pm

After 3 hrs I see Z or standard table is corrupt or some data is not there.

That time how to recovery the particular Z or standard table data.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You cannot recover only one table from the backup. You may need to go for the point in time recovery. Please refer to document for more info.

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/97a4f439-0d01-0010-d488-d29b45e2f5ab&overridelayout=true]

0 Kudos

hi,

We need how to search which data file recovery from the database,

Then when we got data file after I recovery the data from data file.

amit

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

the data file is only the physical structure for data. You have many ways to restore/recover your data after a corruption.

At first you have to differ corruption .. there is a logical "lost of data" and a physical corruption.

Logical lost of data (accidentally deleted data, etc.)

- Whole restore of database and recover to a point before DELETE

- Tablespace Point-in-Time Recovery

- Flashback Query, if possible

Physical corruption

- Restore of datafile and perform a complete recovery

- RMAN block recovery

In case of a physical corruption - oracle will tell you which block / datafile is corrupt.

That's the deal.

Regards

Stefan

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> We need how to search which data file recovery from the database,

Again - you can't just recover one file.

The easiest way would be to recover the full database on a different server and copy the table.

Markus

brian_walker
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I would be careful any time you think you want/need to recover the contents of one table.

In the case of a Z table, your developers should be able to tell you what other tables may have dependencies on that table and vice-versa.

For SAP tables, you would do best to open an OSS message and make sure to recover ALL the tables that SAP says are dependent/required to the same point in time.

A simple example would be that you recover VBAK to a certain point in time but not VBAP, so now you may have sales order line items without a sales order header (very bad). SAP does not make use of any DB constraints to maintain referential integrity (to be more database agnostic), and so all of that logic is in SAP itself.

Brian