cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDA Appl Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand that we could create an Application Configuration for an existing standard WDA Application and modify the attributes of the UI elements in the component. I encountered a scenario, where I had embedded views as elements. I am unable to go down further to the elements of this view.

For example, I am running Applciation FITE_EXPENSES. But from the configuration I dont have access to component FITE_VC_GENERAL_DATA.

Below is the Technical settings of the view that I see when I run applciation - FITE_EXPENSES

Application: FITE_EXPENSES

Web Dynpro Component: FITE_VC_GENERAL_DATA

Window Information: VC_WINDOW

View Information: GENERAL_DATA_VIEW

Configuration ID: 54F1EDF2E1D0F52D21CD1176684E582A

Can anyone suggest please.

Thanks.

Gandolf.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can someone please share their ideas about how to customize standard WDA screens.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you can achieve this using Enhancement Framework.

There are methods such as Pre-Exit , Post-Exit and Overwrite exit.

Could you explain what is your req. ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Saurav.

Enhancement Framework sounds new to me.

My requiremdent is that I need to make few UI changes like hiding a field, making a field as Required etc. I am looking at a standard application.

I need to do these changes in view GENERAL_DATA_VIEW that belongs to the component FITE_VC_GENERAL_DATA.

I am executing the application FITE_EXPENSES that belong to component FITV_FPM_START. When I try to create an Application configuration, I dont have any option to reach component FITE_VC_GENERAL_DATA.

I am stuck and dont know how to do it.

Please suggest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Enhancement Framework sounds interesting. I am having a look at the document -[url]http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/609baac0-ff58-2c10-7aa3-d23e1ceda594[url]

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurav,

I think the best way is to create a Post-exit for the doModify() of the view that I would like to make a change. Inside this method, I can access the UI elements and modify their attributes based on a defined logic.

Is there a better alternative. Please suggest.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

in enhnacement mode, in the methods tab of view u can see the Pre-exit and post-exit for all the methods.

Pre-exit run's befor the method and post-exit run's after method.

the WD DOMODIFY POST EXIT wud work .

U can refer the SAP online help

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/c5/f4b9422e0fb911e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

regards,

amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can use this code in post exit of wddomoify to make your fields invisible :

cl_fitv_wd_util=>ui_set_visible( io_view = view iv_id = 'ADDRESS_LABEL'

iv_visible = abap_false ).

iv_id - Give ID of UI element which you want to hide here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can easily hide text view, inputfields, etc from standard webdynpro abap screens....no coding required....

I just tested this in one of my sandbox and it worked fine for me....

go to your standard component...open up the view you want to hide some fields from....click on the button called "Ehance(ctrl+F4) "

create your enhancement...follow the screens...just like normal enhancement for any other standanrd programs....

after that....now say you want to hide an input field with the label....so what you do is click on that label....soon after you click on the label....you will see on the right side where it says "ROOTUIELEMENTCONTAINER" the label is high lighted in "orange color" mine is orange and i think it is standard...so you might see orange too... so right click on this high lighted element and you will see the option of "Remove Element" click this option....do not worry you are not removing anything....now if you want to put back this label....you can select this element again...right click on it....and you will see the option of "undo Deletion"....select this option to put back the hidden element.....remember to right click on the orange high light element under the rootuielementcontainer and not on the screen itself where you see the ui element...

that is all....this way you can hide anything you want from the standard screen....enhancement framework gives you this option to remove and undo deletion of a particular element....without doing any coding....

hope this helps....what i suggest you is do this in your sand box or any other box you have for testing prior to doing this in your development box....just to get some practice and to get used to it....

thanks...

AS....

aditya_niyogi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

For this particular requirement in Travel - I would advise you first see what you can do with the BADI - TRIP_WEB_CHECK. There are a lot of fields you can make visible/obligatory based on certain parameters. If your fields do not com under the purview of this BADI - then go for the post -exit enhancement in the WDO_MODIFY method. You will have to use the CL_FITV_WD_UTIL class for changing the attributes direclty.

Thanks,

Aditya

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have done a similar excercise and enhanced the standard component "FITE_VC_GENERAL_DATA*. It works fine in developement. Now when we trying to transport this to quality, we see that the enhancement component is capturing nearly 700 standard object and hence taking 6 hours to get released. I am afraid it would take time to transport as well.

Was wondering if we could transport only the enhancement part with out transporting the entire component.

Appreciate immediate reply.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You've already posted this same question to several other existing threads. This is NOT allowed according to the SCN Forum Rules of Engagement. If you have a question, post it as a new Forum thread once. I'm locking these threads because of this abuse.

Answers (0)