cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I change the trace level of SOAP adapter?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Can anybody provide me the place on I can change the trace level of SOAP adapter? I think is in AE, but I don't know where...

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,

Ricardo.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Ricardo,

what would you like to trace?

is you web serivce sync or async?

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To Michal -> I would like to trace an sync scenario, but in future maybe it will be async. So I apreciate if you tell me for both scenarios.

To Bhavesh -> Thanks, but I did it and nothing change! I think that I need to do something in AE and not in IE.

Thanks guys,

Ricardo.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

now you see good question = proper answer (I hope)

you just have to set:

messaging.syncMessageRemover.removeBody = false

in the <b>AF messaging</b> service in the visual admin

and you'll be able to trace sync calls

was that what you where looking for?

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

I have a problem regarding the post

I don’t have access to the machine where XI is installed, so I can’t use the tcpgw tool to trace the out going packages from XI. I need to know how XI invokes the web service and be sure if the method is not being invoked correctly. The log shows on sxmb_moni doesn’t give me a cleared vision. I tried to find in soap header, body and payload something to give me the answer that I want…

So, I want to believe that changing AE trace level like I did for IE, I would catch something that can help me understand what is the problem on XI when invokes a web service.

Thanks for your help,

Ricardo.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

just do what I said (with visual admin) and you'll see the whole

message from the soap adapter that goes to the web service and the return message from the web service

that's the easiest way

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michal.

One more question: set the parameter messaging.syncMessageRemover.removeBody to false it will work for both scenarios (sync/async) or I have to set other parameters?

Thanks again ;o)

Cheers,

Ricardo.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

you only need this for sync

if you set this you'll see sync messages in

http://hostname:portnumber/MessagingSystem/monitor/monitor.jsp

(so in the monitor for adapters)

async are logged there by default so no need to change anything:)

last week the same config helped me with sync web service scenario

Regards,

michal

-

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

the parmaeter set up need a restart?

thanks

Bye

giamma

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to increase the general trace level of messages in integration engine, go to transaction sxmb_adm ---> integration engine configuration and set the parameter from category Runtime and Subcategory TRACING. You can set this up to "3". However, be careful as your database will grow very quickly.

Regards,

Bhavesh