cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting from SNP PPMS to SNP PDS - during planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Does anyone have any knowledge of what it takes to convert your planning over so that it recognizes the new SNP PDS over the old SNP PPM. I have switched over the Plan Explosion field on the PPDS tab to '5' (Production Data Structure Generated from R/3) but it is still pulling in the old SNP PPM when I review the 'Plan or Production Data Structure' in the SNP Interactive Planning > Display Details.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Paul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SNP does not consider the plan explosion in PPDS tab. Its more used in PPDS when the global settings must be overwritten by location product.

For your problem, you can deactivate the PPM and if neccesary remove it from the model. This should allow the system to pick PDS over the PPM.

You can also try adding some high priority in PPM so that system will neglect it from planning - but I haven't tried this.

Thanks,

Rajesh Manoharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh,

The problem here is that want to migrate from a PPM to a PDS. However, what you are proposing below requires that we delete all the transaction data for the specific material before we can remove the PPM from the model. This is very time consuming effort for the thousands of materials we will have to change. Is there a better way?

If there is both a PPM and A PDS, how does the system know what to choose? We have this situation, but it always chooses the PPM.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Check whether both PPM & PDS falls into the same validity. I know its basic, but sometime we tend to miss them.

System does not bother whether its a PPM or PDS, unless & until it satisfies the requirement. System first checks whether any priority is defined between PPM & PDS. If yes, then the respective source of supply takes preference. When you CIF the PDS from R/3 by default it has only 0 as priority. Check whether your PPM as well has the same priority. My guess those should be same.

Second, if these 2 are same, the system checks for any cost associated with your PPM. If you have defined the SNP PPM directly in APO (rather than converting from PPDS PPM), then chances are more that you have defined the single-level cost in your PPM. If yes remove the same and try running the heuristic again. To be more sure of choosing the PDS, you can change the priority value in PPM as more than 99.

You can maintain all these parameters using MASSD function, changing the priority or cost details will not be a nightmare.

Thanks,

Rajesh Manoharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Yes, maintaining a Fixed value of 1 forced the system to use the PDS instead of the PPM.

Thanks for your assistance.

Paul