cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI transport failures

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Our company is new to BI/BW environment, we have ecc,portal,pi in prodcution right now, we hired some consultants for BI/BW project, looks like most of their transports are failing in QA and as well as in production system,

According to them, most of the transports are interdependent and thatu2019s why these transports are failing in Production which is not concinving to us as we are afraid of the system stability.

any one has similar issues particularly with BI/BW.

Please share you experience with us

Sathish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sattish,

I can confirm that this is a possibility. Changes to data extractors, for example, often require transports on both the data source (ERP) and data target (BW) systems for the functionality to operate properly.

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matt,

THanks for your response, All the ECC transports went first before we move any BI transports, if the customizing request fails i understand, but the problem most of the workbench requests are also failing. Can you please advice.

IF they fail in QA i understand, but these things are failing in Production

Sathish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish,

There is not nearly enough information to provide an answer. Why are they failing? What error are you receiving?

Best Regards,

Matt

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish

>looks like most of their transports are failing in QA and as well as in production system,

>IF they fail in QA i understand, but these things are failing in Production

Sorry, I could not get the problem. Are those request failing in PRD only or QA and PRD both?

1. If your BI/BW consultants are saying that there is interdependency between the TRs, then please request them to specify the order in which they want the requests to be imported.

2. Do you get any error like , "Source System XXXXXX could not be found" , or "datasource YYYYYYYY is inactive" ?

Please paste the error here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi satish ,

please check the logs of the request in se01 check in which particular step it is failing in both quality as well as production system the logs will help us to trouble shoot.

Regards

Zia