cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entry of the reservations Generated in RESB Table even against Purchase req

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created an reservation for the stock material for the network activity and checked the table RESB, where i am able to find the signle entry for the reservation. My setting is that when i add the another material for different activity, the reservation number is same but the additional line item get added to it.

Now my problem is that when i add non stock material for the activity against the same network then at front end PR is getting generated but a reservation for this too get generated and that is visible in RESB table as a third line item (Logically where there is a PR, no reservation should be generated)

Our MM guys are reporting the pick list based on the entries in the table RESB and this gives the wrong data.

Is there any way to deal with this?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you have mentioned , even if you generate only PR, it will generate an reservation number at the backend ,such reservations are called as settlement reservation numbers.These are not displayed in the frontend.Since you made the setting to have a common reservation number and only increase in line item,for both stock item and non stock item attached in your projects, System will generate same reservation number but different line item number.

Now coming to your question

"Our MM guys are reporting the pick list based on the entries in the table RESB and this gives the wrong data.

Is there any way to deal with this?"

I assume that they are generating the picklist in MB25.In this report (you might be aware of dynamic selections in reports) activate a dynamic selection for item category and provide the value "L" in that selection.Now execute the report,The report will display only one reservation that is for the stock item.

But if your MM guys are directly reading from the table RESB, request them to put a condition to eliminate reservations with item category 'N".

One more thing, in RESB there is one more field DBSKZ, which isDirect procurement field,

For non stock items for which u generate PR, this field value will be "F" that is "Direct procurement".

For stock items this field will be "Blank", that is `"No Direct procurement or direct production".

This can also be used as a condition to eliminate such reservations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi,

Can you please explain me more about the settlement reservation.

I checked in two different systems and it loook like a standard behaviour of the system to generate the reservation against the purchase requisition as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This is standard behaviour of the system to generate a reservations when you generate only PR also.

To explain further, settlement reservations are those for which you cannot make a direct goods movement.That is such reservations cannot be used in MB1A to make direct goods issue.For such reservations the procurement process, by goods receipt will close the reservation.To understand further in MB25 report, in the scope list, there is check box for "Goods movement not allowed", using this selection you can segregate such reservations.Try to generate the pick list in MB25 with & without "Goods movement not allowed" selection.

I hope, I have made you understand about such settlement reservations.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

just check you are creating Purchase req. + reservation as procurement type, for material component. If you are using procurement indicator than you should select in such a way that it will create only purchase requisition as procurement type.

With Regards

Nitin P.