cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Number 28

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are running GRC 5.3 on our sandbox system and are working through making sure that it's working properly. However I am currently hitting a space issue.

We know that we have a space issue on our test box, but the problem is we've already added more space to the box in the past.

The question is, when we install this on our "robust" production box, are we still going to have space issues and how do we mitigate that? Is there a way to purge the GRC tables of old data so that the space can be freed up for our new report data?

Here's the error message:

Error while executing the Job:No space left on device (errno:28)

Thanks,

Santosh Krishnan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Santosh,

Did you size your server? You must size the server either by going through the sizing guide for GRC Access Control or asking you SAP vendor before installing the tool otherwise you will see this issue.

Also, you will need a proper archiving strategy to archive unnecessary data. One more thing, hardware is so cheap nowadays so I have never seen this error in past 3 years

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alpesh,

When we first set it up, I had suggested that we put in atleast 100 Gigs + so as to allow for growth. However due to constraints, we got 40 Gigs. This was good for a pilot, but the pilot has gone far beyond that and this is why we have issues with running out of space.

As far as the current space usage, I'm trying to figure out what aspects of GRC end up consuming the space, and how we can address that.

Primarily, I need to show the client that the tool works as expected their environment in order to get the extra space necessary to use Access Controls properly, and to put a strategy together to do the necessary archiving. Currently, however, due to the space issues, the reports fail, and this is becoming a problem, so I need to figure out how to delete old data.

Thanks,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Santosh,

Which elements are you using?

The data capacity required will depend heavily on the source systems.

Just adding memory to the system does not directly corrolate to better performance but you may find it helps slightly.

You really need to check the sizing guide from SAP but treat that as a guide. Have you got Solution Manager? You may wish to use the SMD functionality to track the performance?

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using RAR and SPM, but really, only RAR at this point.

This space problem comes up only because they don't have any extra hardware available, and we have to make progress before the end of the year. To that end I'm here to help them get RAR working. However, without enough disk space, the tool won't work as expected.

What I'm trying to do is to reset the tool to a newly installed state, and to also get a better understanding of what data is generated that ends up consuming the space. There are 2 logical systems, with 4 actual systems on this GRC box. The management view reports have run for the past 5 months, and the big question is, over time, what is the manner in which other companies handle their space issues with RAR - something that can be done in this situation?

Thanks,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with Simon. Please check the sizing guide first. Mostly, RAR and SPM uses lots of space due to data.

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cool. I'll check the guide.