cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create SO (multiple items) with ref. to Contract (single item)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have the following problem:

1. I create a contract with a single item

2.I create a SO with reference to contract, but SO will has multiple items.

3. In this case I lost the linkage with item of SO.

Example:

Contratct SO

linkage

10 --> 10

no linkage 20

no linkage 30

no linkage 40

no linkage 50

Question:

Could ypu please help me to create SO(with multiple items) with reference to Contract (single item)?

Thanks in advance.

BR.

Angela

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, are you creating sales order with several items and each of these items has qty = qty of the contract ?

I mean does your contract have any open qty after the 1st order item is created with reference to it ?

There are several ways to create sales order with contract reference:

1) select "create with reference on the initial screen of sales order creation (VA01)

2) select "sales document-> create with reference-> sales document" from item overview screen for each item being added to the order.

3) add items to the order then select "Edit -> assign -> contract item" I believe SAP does not have any checks that the material in the contract matches to the material in the order in this case. But I do not think that in this particular case copy routine are called so you may have different results comparing with options 1) and 2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just had this test but the system dosen't give me the posibility to assign the salesorder items to contract item.

The error message is the following:

Contract 6040095 does not contain any suitable items

Message no. V2061

Diagnosis

You have tried to assign an item from contract 6040095 to item 000020.

However, contract 6040095 does not contain any items that can be assigned to sales order item 000020.

System Response

The system does not allow any further processing.

Procedure

Choose another contract.

Thnks in advance.

BR.

Angela

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Angela,

Try Doing the below steps

1) Create a contract for a material ( Item 10) for Qty say 1000

2) Create a Sales order w.r.t the Contract for 10 quantity. line item 10 is displayed in the sales order.

3) Now CLick on Sales Document in the Tool Bar and Choose Create with reference to

4) Again give the same contract Number and the desired quantity and choose copy. Now Linte item 20 is created in the sales order which has a reference of linte item 10 in the contract.

5) Smilarly repeat the steps for those many times that you want until the contract item quantity is completely referenced.

By doing so i guess every item has a linkage to the Contract item.

Let me know if you have any difficulties or if the result is otherwise.

Thanks

Srini