cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding IDOC Number

Former Member
0 Kudos

<u>Scenario:-</u>

Source (SAP system) - XI - Target (SAP system)

(I am sending IDOCs from source to target)

<u>Case Example:-</u>

->IDOC number of the IDOC being sent from source system (to XI) is 111(say).

->XI processes and validates the IDOC

->IDOC Number of the IDOC being received and stored(from XI) at the target system is 222(say).

<u>Question:</u>

<b>How can I see the earlier IDOC number of IDOC 222(i.e. 111) in the target system?</b>

I am aware of the fact that IDOC numbers are generated internally whenever they are received by an SAP system.

Can I see the old number that had been assigned to the IDOC by the earlier (source) system?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One work-around can be used in this case. You can map source IDOC number (DOCNUM) to some field in target IDOC. (Provided field format is competent).

In XI stack if you are using BPM it is possible to correlate source and target IDOC numbers by configuring auditing IDOC (ALEAUD).

Anand More

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

111 is created in the sender system and you can see this IDoc in the sender system.

222 is created in the receiver system. You can see this only in the receiver system.

Though it's the same Idoc with just a different generation number.

You cannot see 111 in the receiver system. You can see IDoc created in receiver 222 corresponding receiver system.

Regards

vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

>><i>One work-around can be used in this case. You can map source IDOC number (DOCNUM) to some field in target IDOC. (Provided field format is competent).</i>

Well, unfortunately all the fields on the target side are mapped to certain specific values

>><i>In XI stack if you are using BPM it is possible to correlate source and target IDOC numbers by configuring auditing IDOC (ALEAUD).</i>

Well...in order to achieve this, I'l have to create a sync-async bridge and configure the target system such that it can send me a response-acknowledgement..this will make my interface configuration complicated! I'd like to avoid this:)

Instead of sending the number assigned by the sender system via a bpm or by mapping, isn't there any way of seeing the number history in the target SAP system??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya,

Thanks for the confirmation!

So finally, I will not be able to see the old number (that had been assigned to the IDOC by the sender system-111) in the receiver system-right??:(

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you trigger an idoc in asynchronous mode, there is an acknowledgement requested by the sender system.

This can be seen in the second column of sxmb_moni (This will not be visible if it has been deactivated).

This acknowledgement contains,the message id of the preiously sent idoc. Maybe you could use this, to find the idoc number from this message id!

(Some code has to be written though!)

Regards,

Smitha.

Message was edited by: Smitha Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smitha,

Yes, I can see the IDOC number in the source xml message when I click on the message id.

This is quite a tedious process if you have to get the previous IDOC numbers of around 34-35 IDOCs! I was hoping that there is a simpler way to do this:)

Thanks nevertheless!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

I know this is pretty late to answer the query. But using the FM "SREL_GET_NEXT_NEIGHBORS" can resolve this issue in Target system.

Even I was looking for the answer for this.

You need to pass the following details:

OBJECT-OBJKEY = IDOC number with leading zeros

OBJECT-OBJTYPE = "IDOC"

ROLETYPE = "INIDOC"

RELATIONTYPE = "IDC4"

Check the table ORBRELTYP for the relevent combination of the Roletype and Relation type.

I hope it should resolve the problem.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sushumna,

Just one idea: Why not enhance idocs on both side and put the original idoc number in the enhanced structure? Like this you can do the cross-reference.

Thanks

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

I want to avoid enhancing/changing the IDOC.

Thanks for the idea!