cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALV: can we define a filter on a field as a drop down list?

0 Kudos

Dear colleagues,

I'd like to set a filter on an icon field of an ALV table with the drop down list of values such as: not created, success, error and etc. Then when the user selects a value from this list, it should display only the lines having the corresponding icon value. I already had a look at create_filter_rule as well as if_salv_wd_column_service_ref~set_filter_fieldname, but I couldn't get a result in both ways. Could you please help me? Thanks, best regards.

Ebru

PS: Actually the behaviour that I'd like to obtain is, when ALV automatically displays a drop down list in filter area for a field that already has a domain assignment.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

check the WD ABAP component WDT_ALV inside package SWDP_DEMO,and SWDP_DEMO_TUTORIALS.

regards,

amit

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks for your reply. I've checked the WD component WDT_ALV, but I couldn't find any solution that could help me inside (concerning filter setting in drop down format). I've also tested the application, and as far as I could test, none of the filter fields behave as I'd like to. Maybe I should check another component from those packages? Could you please guide me?

Thanks again, best regards

Ebru